Chapter 17: The Price Of Freedom

Y/N's P.O.V

After grabbing my stealth suit and suiting up, Sam, Maria and I went to meet up with Cap in the woods.

When we found him he was wearing his old Captain America uniform from WW2. We then made our way out of the woods we saw the S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters in the distance.

Natasha's P.O.V

Once I left the cave we were held up in my part of the plan was to disguise myself as one of the securities so that I could infiltrate Pierce's office. After replacing the real secretary I made it to S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters with the other securities and met with Pierce.

Pierce: So how was your flight?

Natasha (As female secretary): Lovely. The ride from the airport less so.

Pierce: Unfortunately S.H.I.E.L.D can't control everything.

Male Secretary #1: Including Captain America it seems.

Pierce then handed us pins.

Pierce: S.H.I.E.L.D is biometriclly controlled and these pins will give you unrestricted access.

Steve's P.O.V

After causing a distraction outside we made our way to the door outside the control room. Once the tech guy opened the door Sam and Maria pulled their guns on him.

Steve: Excuse us.

The tech guy then moved out of the way with his hands up.

Once we got all of the techs out Maria and Y/N worked on getting me patched into all the P.A systems around the headquarters.

Y/N: Okay it's ready. You're on Cap.

I then began to speak into the mic.

Steve: Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D agents, this is Captain Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about myself and the Scarlet Spider over the past couple of days, so of you may have been involved in hunting us down. But we think its time you all knew the truth. S.H.I.E.L.D is not what we all thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E and Insight crew are HYDRA too. We not sure how many more, but we know their in the building. They may even be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury, and it won't end there. If you launch those Carries today, HYDRA will be about to take out anyone who gets in there way. Unless we stop them.

Y/N's P.O.V

Once Cap had said all of that he looked back at me like he had run out of words to say. Which I didn't think was possible for him, then again I guess that's possible for anyone. So I went up to the mic to speak.

Y/N: Attention to any S.H.I.E.L.D agents still listening. This is the Scarlet Spider. Now I know what Cap said sounds crazy but it's true HYDRA is in the building and their gonna kill a lot of people today if we don't stop them. I also know that what Cap is asking you to do is a lot. But the price of freedom is high, it always has been. And I don't know about the rest of you but its a price I'm will to pay, and I know Cap is too. And if we're the only ones then so be it. But I'm willing to bet we're not. So fight. Fight for your freedom and the rest world's.

Sam then came over to us with a smirk on his face.

Sam: Did you boys write all of that down first? Or was it all of the top of your heads?

Natasha's P.O.V

After hearing Y/N and Steve's speeches all of the other securities looked at Pierce.

Male Secretary #1: You smug fucker.

Then memebers of the S.T.R.I.K.E crew came in.

Male Secretary #2: Arrest him.

One of the members pointed a gun at us.

Pierce: Looks like I have the floor.

Third person prospective

After all the S.H.I.E.L.D/HYDRA agents heard those speeches the rest of S.T.R.I.K.E crew came in and Rumlow went up to one the tech guy's.

Rumlow: Start the launch. We need those carries in the air now.

The tech hesitated for a second.

Rumlow: Is there a problem?

Tech Guy: Um.

Rumlow: Is there a problem?

Tech Guy: Sorry sir.

After breathing heavily for a moment the tech guy speaks again.

Tech Guy: I'm not gonna launch those carries. Captain and Scarlet Spider's order's.

Rumlow then puts a gun to his head.

Rumlow: Move away from your station.

Kate/Agent 13 then pulled her gun on Rumlow.

Kate/Agent 13: Like he said. Captain and Scarlet Spider's order's.

All the S.H.I.E.L.D/HYDRA agents pulled their guns on each other.

Rumlow: You just picked the wrong side agent.

Kate/Agent 13: Now all that depends on where your standing.

After a minute Rumlow drops his gun. There's then a moment of silence. Then out of nowhere Rumlow uses his knife to cut Kate's arm and grab her gun. Everyone starts shooting at each other. And in the confusion Rumlow starts the launch and escapes.

Y/N's P.O.V

After hearing some strange noises Sam, Steve and I look out of the window and see the helicarriers bay doors opening, we then realised that the someone must have started the launch.

Maria: They've started the launch sequence.

Steve: We need to get out there and stop those carries.

Maria: You guys go. I'll monitor your progress from here.

Y/N: Alright. Lets end this.

And with that Sam, Steve and I left the control room so we could end HYDRA once and for all.