Chapter 46: Getting Backup

(Siberia)

Y/N's P.O.V

After a long flight the Siberia we finally land near the HYDRA base where dad and the other super soldiers where kept.

Whilst dad and Steve were gearing up I send out a call to an old friend just incase we need some backup, I just hope he gets it.

As I walk over to dad and Steve I hear them talking about a trip they took to Coney Island back in their day.

Bucky: She's gotta be at least a hundred years old now.

Steve puts his hand on dad's shoulder.

Steve: So are we pal.

Dad nods at this.

I walk past them.

Y/N: Alright old timers, let's do this.

The two smile and we leave the quinjet.

Once we get closer we see that the door to the base is open, and that means the doctor is already here.

Y/N: He can't have been here more than a few hours.

Bucky: That's long enough to wake them up.

The three of us head inside and head over to the elevator to get down to the lower levels.

Once the elevator stops Steve opens up the door then dad and I look around to make sure we don't get jumped.

As we're heading up the steps we hear a bang from behind us.

We all turn.

Steve: You two ready?

Y/N & Bucky: Ready.

We then see the door start to open and we see Tony in his suit come through the door. As he walks closer his helmet comes off his face.

Tony: You boys seem a little defensive.

Steve and I walk forward.

Steve: Well, it's been a long day.

Tony looks up at dad who's covering us from the steps.

Tony: At ease soldier, I'm not currently after you.

Y/N: Then what are you doing here Tony?

He looks to me.

Tony: Well, kid, it turns out your story isn't so crazy.

He then leans against the wall.

Tony: Ross has no idea I'm here and I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise I've gotta arrest myself.

I look and him and smile slightly.

Y/N: Well, that sounds like a lot of paperwork.

I take off my mask.

Y/N: It's good to see you Tony.

Tony: You too Scarlet.

Tony then shakes his head.

Tony: Hey, Manchurian Candidate you're killing me here. This is a truce here, you can drop it.

Steve turns to dad.

Steve: You can drop it now.

Dad reluctantly drops his gun.

As we head through the base Tony updates us on what's going on. It turns out that the doctor's real name Helmut Zemo and he killed the real doctor that was supposed to be in Berlin.

As we continue to walk we enter the main holding room where we see that the other soldiers have been killed by Zemo.

Zemo: If its any comfort, they died in their sleep. You really think I wanted more of you?

Bucky: What the hell?

Zemo: I'm grateful to them though. They brought you here.

A light then turns on and we see Zemo hiding behind a huge door.

Cap throws his shield, but it bounces off the door.

Zemo: Please Captain. The Soviets built this door to withstand a blast of UR-100 rockets.

Tony: I'm betting I could beat that.

Zemo: I'm sure you could Mr. Stark. Given time. But then you'd never know why you came here.

I walk up to be face to face with Zemo.

Y/N: You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here?

Zemo: I've thought of nothing else for over a year.

I then take off my mask.

Zemo studies me carefully.

Zemo: I studied you. I followed you, but now that your standing here I just realised that you do share the same facial features as your father, but you have your mother's eyes. How nice.

Zemo then goes on to explain how he was in Sokavia when we were battling Ultron and that his family was killed during the battle.

He then turns on a computer that plays security camera footage from a street camera on the 16th of December 1991.

As we watch the video Tony then finds out that my dad killed his parents when he was the brainwashed Winter Soldier.

After the video stops playing Tony goes to attack dad, but I stand infront of dad whilst Steve holds Tony back.

Steve: Tony don't!

Tony faces Steve.

Tony: Did you know?

Steve: I didn't know it was him.

Tony: Don't bullshit me Rogers, did you know!?

Steve: Yes.

Tony backs away.

After a moment of silence Tony's activates his helmet and hits Steve sending him backwards he then does the same to me so he can get to my dad.

As I look up I see dad and Tony in a stand off.

All I knew is that my mission was to protect dad, I couldn't lose him. Not now. Not ever.