Chapter 19: Father Vs. Son

Y/N's P.O.V

After making my way inside the targeting room I run down the stairs and on to the bridge and at the end of it I see the Winter Soldier. My father.

Y/N: People are gonna die. Brainwashed or not you know that.

He stays silent.

Y/N: Please. Don't make me do this.

Seeing I had no other choice I shot web pellets at him. He dodged them and started shooting at me, I manage to dodge all but one bullet that hit me in the side of my stomach.

I then retaliate and use my venom blast to send him backwards.

He then gets up and pulls out a knife. As we fight I try to move him into a position where I can get to the targeting blades and replace one of them.

I manage to hit a few buttons and open the casing up but Bucky grabs my wrist and starts squeezing it until he breaks the web shooter on my left wrist.

We kept throwing punches back and forth, but he knocks us over the ledge which causes me to drop the targeting blade.

After dropping down onto the bottom of the targeting room I go to pick up the targeting blade, but Bucky intersperses me and stabs me with the knife in the shoulder and then he gets a hold of the targeting blade.

I then knock him to the floor and bend his arm back to make him drop the blade.

Y/N: Drop it! Drop it!

I then bend his arm back further making him scream in pain.

Bucky: Ahhhhh!!!

I then put him in a choke hold and start squeezing just enough to knock him. But before knocking him out he does manage to squeeze and break my other web shooter on my right wrist. After he's out I grab the blade and start making my way back to the top.

Hill then talks to me over comms

Maria: You've got one minute Scarlet.

Y/N: Okay. I'm working on it.

As I'm making my way back up I get shot in the back of the leg. I turn around to see Bucky standing up and pointing a gun at me. And of course my spider sense never decided to let me know when it goes on vacation. I then get shot in the back.

Maria: Thirty seconds Scarlet.

Y/N: Stand by.

I'm just about to put in my targeting blade when I get shot in the back again

I then manage to pull together enough strength to put in the targeting blade.

Y/N: Charlie locked.

Maria: Okay Y/N, get out of there.

Y/N: Just fire now.

Maria: No. Y/N I can't. You'll die.

Y/N: Just do it now Hill!!

After the helicarriers start firing on each other I manage to get to my feet I hear a scream. I look down and see Bucky pinned under a beam. I know I have to save and bring my real father back.

Nick Fury's P.O.V

We look out of the window and see the Insight helicarriers shooting each other down.

Pierce: What a waste.

Natasha: So, you still unsure of my son's and Rogers' chances?

Pierce: Time to go, council woman. Come on. You can fly me out of here.

Nick Fury: You know, there was a time I would have taken a bullet for you.

Pierce: You already have Nick.

Just then we see Natasha fall to the ground. This distracts Pierce long enough for me to grab gun and put to bullets in that motherfucker's chest.

After making sure Natasha was okay and getting her to her feet we left the office and met up with Rogers. We then took the chopper and left.

Y/N's P.O.V

After making my way back down to the bottom floor I then grab the beam start to lift it up off of Bucky. I can also see him struggling trying to get out.

Sam's P.O.V

So after getting my ass kicked by Rumlow I see one of the helicarriers come crashing into the building as I was running I hear Cap come over the comms.

Steve: Sam, where are you?

Sam: 41st floor, northwest corner.

Natasha: We're on it. Stay where you are.

Sam: Not an option!!

I then jump out of the window and saw the chopper. Steve manages to catch me before I went through the other side.

Steve: Are you okay?

Sam: Yeah. Thanks.

I turn to Fury.

Sam: 41st floor! 41st!

Nick Fury: Its not like they put the floor numbers on the side of the damn building.

Natasha the gets on the comms to Hill.

Natasha: Hill, where's Y/N? Do you have a location on my son?

Y/N's P.O.V

So I'm still trying to lift the beam up and I'm straining so much the sleeves of my suit starts to rip. I then lift it high enough that Bucky manage to wiggle out from underneath it.

Y/N: You don't know me. But you know my mother. Natasha Romanoff.

Bucky: No I don't!

He punches me in the face.

Y/N: Please stop this let me help you.

He punches me again.

Y/N: Your name is James Buchanan Barnes.

Bucky: Shut up!!

He punches me for the third time.

I then take off my mask so he can see my face and, when I drop it the mask falls down into the river below.

Y/N: I'm not gonna fight you anymore. Your my father.

He then tackles me to the ground.

Bucky: And your my mission.

He punches me in the face multiple times until my face is battered and, until I'm barely conscious.

Y/N: Don't.... Please don't do it.... Dad please stop...

He then stops and looks at me. The last thing I remember was the floor giving way and falling into the river below.

Bucky's P.O.V

As I was hanging on to the helicarrier I watched as that boy fell into the river and my gut was telling I had to save him. It was like some sort of instinct. So I let go and jumped into the river.

After grabbing the boy I dragged him to the river bed. I looked at the beaten boy still breathing on the ground and I had some many questions going through my head. Why did he call me dad? Am I really his father? But who am I? And who was that man on the bridge. I didn't have any answers but I knew I needed to find some.

So I walked away and left that boy there for someone to find.

Natasha's P.O.V

After a few minutes of searching we found Y/N washed up on the river bed without his mask on. We landed the chopper and grabbed then took him to the hospital.