Chapter 71: I am The Scarlet Spider

Y/N's P.O.V

After hearing an explosion I look up and see Thanos fighting Thor so he can get the gauntlet.

Steve and I both jump in and on to Thanos' back and grab hold of Mjölnir and Stormbreaker respectively.

After a bit of a struggle Thanos manages to shake me off and I land next to Tony.

Once I look up I see Carol get sent flying back as Thanos used the Power Stone against her.

I then look to see the man I knew to be Dr. Strange looking at me and he raised up two fingers.

As I then look back at Tony, who's laying on the ground I remember Tony telling me that Dr. Strange said that in only two versions of reality that we beat Thanos in.

I then realise that those two ways mean either myself or Tony has to die so we can beat Thanos.

I know then that it has to be me, I can't let Tony do that he has a family. He has a wife and a daughter to go back to and after everything that's happened to him he deserves a happy ending.

So I get up and run at Thanos. I grab a hold of the gauntlet and mange to shake the stones lose and pull them out of the gauntlet.

Thanos then knocks me away.

Third person prospective

After knocking Y/N away Thanos raises his hand and looks to the Scarlet Spider.

Thanos: Don't you see boy. I am inevitable.

He snaps his fingers but nothing happens.

Confused by this Thanos looks at the gauntlet to see that the stones are gone. He then looks back to Y/N and sees that Y/N is there with the stones being absorbed into his suit.

As soon as the stones set in place Y/N can feel the power of the infinity stones coursing through his body. The stones tear through his suit like tissue, and lighting up his body.

(A/N: Just imagine it's Y/N in his current suit

(A/N: Just imagine it's Y/N in his current suit.)

Y/N looks at Thanos with determination on his face.

Y/N: And I... am... the Scarlet Spider.

Y/N snaps his fingers and there's a blinding flash of light.