The long lost kitten

Requested by @ClarissaMackenzie

Cat Grant, the queen of all media, seems like impossible to 'tame' or even satisfy. Every assistant that she had, was fired within two days and the longest record was maybe a week...Honestly people lost count. That was until Kara Danvers came along. Something just seemed to have intrigued Cat Grant...She didn't know why, but she just felt connected to Kara. She was able to read the young woman like a book, she knew when she was down, she even knew her secret...Okay, a ponytail and glasses weren't the best disguise (Still surprised that nobody has found it out). Yes, she knew that her assistant was National City's masked vigilante, Power Girl. She just didn't mention it, clearly not in the mood of signing all of those NDA's.

But everyday when she sees Kara, it's like she's meeting her younger self. Deep down she knew that if she were ever leaving CatCo, Kara would be the perfect candidate for taking over. And just by the first look of Kara, she knew that this woman has the potential to become an ace reporter. When the day has come for Kara's promotion, it came exactly out just as she predicted...Kara is a reporter. 

And over time their relationship wasn't all professional, it became like a mother and daughter bond....But I think you would be surprised that this would be a real mother-daughter relationship. I mean this literally.

It was a normal day on CatCo, Kara was running around for a lead and stopping a few robbery attempts during the day. She still wonders why people try to attempt a robbery during the day and why not at night? To be honest people nowadays are just complicated. The young reporter was busy typing her article, that she didn't even notice Cat entering her new office. "Aren't you busy Keira." Teased the queen of all media and Kara looked away from her computer. "Miss Grant! I'm sorry, I just had a super busy day." Kara answered and flinched when she tried to stand up...Clearly there will be a bruise there. Cat immediately noticed it and ran over to Kara. "How many times do I have to tell you just to call me Cat when we are alone. And stay put, you're clearly in pain." Cat scolded and Kara obliged like a child....If they only knew. "So what happened that made you grimace like a monkey in a circus?" Cat asked, trying to get Kara to tell her secret. "Um, I-I um had a boxing session with my sister yesterday, and got a hard punch." Kara clearly lied, but Cat sighed and let it pass. 'Would have been believable if she didn't stutter.' Cat thought and rolled her eyes mentally. "Come on. I know you had a hard day and ordered your favorite." And like that, the blonde reporter was out of her office in a flash. "Food is always the key." Cat muttered and chuckled at Kara's antics, soon following behind to her office.

When she arrived at her office, she saw Kara stuff her mouth with Potstickers. "Keira don't worry I won't steal your food." The older blonde teased and Kara looked embarrassed. "Sowwy, I fery huwngry." Kara answered with a full mouth and got a look 'Don't talk with your mouth full' from Cat...If someone ever got that glare they would have been already running for their lives. They continued their lunch, talking about their day a little, until Kara noticed the a new picture on Cat's desk. They picture was Cat carrying a baby, and since the towel is pink the baby seems like to be a girl. "I never knew you had a daughter Cat." Kara answered and caught the older blonde by surprise. "Not many know." Cat simply answered with a sad smile and Kara noticed it. "What's her name?" Kara asked, carful with her questions since didn't want to hurt Cat. "It's actually total coincidence. I gave her the name Kara." Cat answered, her voice was filled with sadness. The younger blonde noticed it and went to hug her boss. "What happened to her? I don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Kara asked softly, and tried to sooth her boss. A little tear slipped out Cat's eye and quickly wiped it away. "It's okay Kara. I would like to tell you." Cat sniffed and Kara waited patiently.

Flashback

It was a peaceful night in the Grants mansion. The stars were shining and lovely music was playing in the background, while Cat sang a little song to her daughter.  "Close your eyes. Have no fear. The monster's gone, he's on the run. And your mommy's here." She was singing softly, trying to bring her daughter to sleep, while gently rocking her. "Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful girl. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful girl." The little girl in her arms started smiling, making Cat smile. The soft blue eyes of the baby girl was looking curiously into Cat's eyes, and that made Cat smile softly. "Before you go to sleep. Say a little prayer. Every day in every way. It's getting better and better." The baby slowly closed her eyes and seemed to drift into a peaceful sleep. "Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful girl. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful girl." Cat's soft voice filled the nursery, making it a peaceful haven.

"Out on the ocean sailing away. I can hardly wait to see you to come of age, But I guess we'll both just have to be patient. Cause it's a long way to go. But in the meantime." Gently she put her daughter down on the crib, but when she did the baby started to stir around, once again she picked her up and started rocking. "Before you cross the street. Take my hand. Life is what happens to you, while you're busy making other plans." She looked down at her daughter in her arms and a tear slipped out of her eye, because she can't believe she has a beautiful baby girl. "Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful girl. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful girl." She continued to sing softly and after awhile, the baby in her arms has fallen asleep. Again she gently laid the baby in the crib, but when she wanted to lift her body up, a tiny hand was holding her necklace tight. A warm smile creeped onto Cat's face and gently she took off her necklace, letting her daughter have it. She gave a gentle kiss on the baby's forehead and said: "Goodnight my little kitten." 

When Cat finally made it to her bed, she suddenly heard a loud crash of glass shattering. Then she heard her daughter cry and worry filled her whole body. She ran to the nursery and when she got there, she was too late. The crib was empty without her daughter and there was no more sign of her for the next many years...That was the very last time she has seen her daughter.

End of Flashback

Many tears were steaming out of Cat's eyes. "I'm so sorry of your loss Cat." Kara apologized, hugging the older woman tight. She let Cat cry on her chest and Kara just whispered soothing words into Cat's ears. When the crying finally calmed down, Cat looked into Kara's eyes and gently cupped her cheek. "Thank you Kara." Cat whispered and Kara gave a sad yet soft smile. "You know, we have a lot in common." The younger blonde said, making Cat starting to wonder what she meant. "I never knew who my biological parents were. A group of people found me as a baby in a trash bag and a name tag. I was left to die. From then on I was raised in an orphanage, until I got adopted with 13 years old by the Danvers. Sometimes I wonder if my real parents are there, I wonder if they want to have me. For years I have been searching for them, but I never found a clue who they could be." Kara said sadly, the memories stung her heart, but she had to learn how to deal with her painful past. "The only thing that I have left of them is this necklace." When Kara showed the necklace, Cat sucked in a breath. Fresh new tears were pooling now out of Cat's eyes, and looked at Kara with utter relief and love. "T-That's my necklace." Cat whispered, her voice cracking a little. Kara's eyes went wide and tears were now building in her eyes. They looked at each other and hugged each other tight, afraid of letting go. Both enjoyed the warmth they have, so happy that they are finally reunited after so, so many years. "I can't believe it." They both said in unison, which caused them to chuckle. Cat cupped her daughter's cheeks and carefully scanned her face. "I can't believe that my daughter was with me all this time." She hugged Kara once again, just wanting to cherish this moment. "I can't believe it as well...Mom." Kara whispered and Cat could feel how her heart skipped a beat. 

After a few days they made a DNA test to make sure, and both came back positive. To both it wasn't necessary to do a DNA test, since their connection was enough proof. As they saw the results they hugged each other tight and Cat kissed her daughter's forehead. "I missed you so much my little kitten." Kara smiled and hugged her mother tight, never wanting to let go. Finally the long lost kitten has been found...