Home is here 2

Sunlight was shining through the curtains. Birds chirping from afar. The wind giving a slight breeze into the bedroom...It was peaceful, it was perfect. Slowly, Kara opened her eyes and was met by the most beautiful sight she would never get enough of...A sight she had missed so much for the past two years. The blonde looked down, seeing her wife sound asleep on her chest, Lena's head laying right where Kara's heart is. Gently, Kara started to stroke Lena's jet black hair, admiring the beautiful features on her wife's face...And to Kara's eyes, everything that was Lena, was extraordinary beautiful. Sighing deeply and cherishing this moment of waking up next to her soulmate, Kara started to think how lucky she was to be alive and be able to come back to her family...Because a few months ago, her life could have ended if it weren't for the miracle that had happened there. She shook her head, getting those horrible images out of her mind and instead though what the day would bring....She should go with Lena and Kayson to the park, have a nice picnic and play soccer with her son.

Her thoughts stopped, when the goddess laying on top of her was starting to stir. Ever so slowly, emerald eyes opened and met ocean eyes. "Morning beautiful." Kara greeted, kissing Lena forehead, who was still busy yawing. "Morning." Lena rasped, as she moved closer to Kara and gave a soft kiss onto the lips. "Mmm, I missed this." Kara whispered gently, as they broke the kiss, their lips close to each other. A smile creeped onto Lena's face, as she once again captured her wife's lips, making the kiss be filled with love and happiness. Once again they broke apart, smiles on their faces as they looked at each other, love all written on their faces. "I missed this too." Lena answered, cuddling under the crook of Kara's neck, loving the warmth and smell of Kara. The blonde chuckled, as she held the the ravenette tighter.

Their little bubble was broken, when both heard little feet paddle towards their bedroom door. Soon, the door opened, revealing Kayson in his Superman pajama and holding his plush tiger. "Mommy? Mama?" The two year old asked, while rubbing his sleepy eyes. "Here little one." Kara answered, and Kayson running towards the bed, jumped right on Kara. "Oof-." The little boy started to giggle, including Lena...And Kara will keep those cute giggles forever in her heart. She herself couldn't help, but start to chuckle as well, seeing her family all happy and smiling bright...It was kind of infectious.

"Mommy, breakfast?" Kayson's look was serious, and it reminded both his parents how much he looked like Kara right now. Lena kissed her sons' forehead, who was now pouting. "What do you want for breakfast, sweetheart?" Lena asked, as she leaned her head onto Kara's shoulder, who was smiling ridiculously bright. "What want Mama to eat?" Kayson asked, as he cupped Kara's cheeks, whose eyes suddenly got teary...She wasn't used to this and she loved it. Giving a soft smile, Kara ran her hand through her son's super soft hair. "Whatever you want, munchkin." Kara answered, feeling tiny arms wrap around her neck. "Pancakes." Kayson whispered, causing both women to chuckle, as he dramatically closed his eyes and laid his head onto his Mama's chest. "And kwale." He finished, causing Kara's eyes to shoot open. Lena couldn't hold her laugh, and started to burst out laughing, upon seeing her wife's facial expression...Kara's face read betrayal all over.

"You did say whatever he wants, love." Lena reasoned, getting a huff as a response and a goofy smile from Kayson, who was still laying on top of his Mama. "I can't believe you bribed our son to eat kale." Kara muttered, getting a kiss on her cheek from her wife. "I did not bribe him, I can't do anything that he has both of our tastebuds." Lena got out of bed, taking her phone and took a sneaky picture of the sight in front of her. Kayson laying on his Mama, while Kara had a loving look on her face, as she looked down at their son...This was the first actual picture of Kara and Kayson together. Putting her phone back on the nightstand, Lena left the bedroom and made her way to the kitchen.

"We better go follow mommy, and help her in the kitchen, right munchkin?" Kara was rubbing Kayson's tiny back, who nodded in response under the crook of her neck. Carefully, Kara held Kayson as she got up from bed, feeling Kayson holding onto her tighter. "Mama don't go." He whispered, but it sounded broken, like he was on the verge of crying. A frown appeared on Kara's face, upon noticing that her son was scared she might leave him. "Shh, Mama is not going to leave anytime soon. You and me are going to kitchen for breakfast." Kara rubbed Kayson's back soothingly, wanting to calm down the little boy. His little sniffles quieted down, as he held even tighter onto Kara, who had glassy eyes...It broke her heart on how much damage she must have caused her son...Gosh, she felt terrible...Was she being already a terrible mother?