Put a little love in your heart

Two weeks ago

There was this huge tension in the room. Kara was standing there, as tears flowed out of her eyes. "Lena please let me expl-." She got cut off by Lena. "Explain? Really?! That you lied to me for three years? That our friendship was build by lies? That you made me a fool? There is no need to explain Kara...It's clear you didn't tell me because I am a Luthor. Gosh, how can I be so foolish? There wasn't a single honest thing in our friendship." Lena said coldly...So cold and bitter, that it made Kara flinch.

Kara was trying her best not to burst into anger, because Lena doesn't get it. "Why so quiet? You are usually someone who talks and rambles a lot. Ah, because what I said was the truth, wasn't it? You hid your alter ego because of my last name. And here I am, acting foolish for thinking that you were different." Lena said in a dangerous tone. "Why do all the other's know and I don't? Why?" Lena asked coldly. Kara looked at her again and answered: "Because you're different."

The Luthor just scoffs. "Different? Well that's the worst reason I ever heard." Lena mocked and this was the final straw for Kara, she just snapped: "I HID MY IDENTITY, BECAUSE FOR YOUR PROTECTION! BECAUSE I LOVE YOU! YOU'RE DIFFERENT FROM ALL THE OTHER'S, BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!" It took Lena by surprise to hear Kara yell, she never expected this from her. Kara eyes were on fire. Lena could read in the Kryptonian's eyes, rage and love. Two emotions that seem impossible to mix.

It was silent for a time, Lena didn't talk and so did Kara. "I'm sorry of yelling. I'll leave you be, because I'm the last person you want to see and I'm fine if you don't feel the same." Kara said softly and left the office, with a shocked Lena.

From that night on, they haven't spoken a word to each other.

Present day

Lena was in her apartment, drinking probably her third glass of wine. She didn't want to talk to Kara, because she was mad, really mad at her for lying. But a apart from her wants to got to Kara and kiss her, because she loves her too. Her feeling and emotions were all over the place...Was she mad? Was she overwhelmed? Was she madly in love? Well, she didn't know either.

Her thoughts got interrupted by a knock on the door. Lena groaned and stood up. When she opened the door, she hoped it would be Kara, but it was someone else. There stood a handsome young man, his black hair was nicely done and had a little curls, he wore a nice black suit, which had a little pocked on the chest with a red handkerchief. "Hello Lena Luthor." He said, with a charming smile. "If you're asking me for a date, then you've come to the wrong time and I'm gay." Lena blurted out. "Secondly, how do you know my name and where I live? Third who are you?" Lena asked, raising her eyebrow. The young man just chuckled. "First, I just know. Second, I have many names, but people call me the music meister." He said and entered Lena's apartment, without invitation. Lena furrowed her brows confused. "Music meister?" Lena asked. Music meister just nodded and sat on the couch comfortably. "Yes, that's me. You can ask Kara, she knows me already, but she probably doesn't really like me." He said. Lena rolled her eyes. "Let me guess, she sent you here to apologize for her and talk sense out of me." Lena answered mockingly. The meister chuckled. "Actually, it's quite the opposite. Nobody sent me. I cam here for you." He answered and grabbed Lnea' s wine bottle taking it away from her. "Hey I was going to drink that! And I'm a lost cause, so you can leave." Lena said, getting another bottle of wine. "I came here to teach you a lesson." Music meister said. The Luthor was now really confused...Why would someone you don't know, burst into your apartment and wants to teach you a lesson?! All Lena could say was: "You're kidding."

By the look of the meister, he wasn't. He smiled once more and snapped his finger. Suddenly Lena and him were in a...theatre? Lena wore a beautiful black cocktail dress, which fitted her body perfectly, her hair was down and curly, she had stong red lipstick on and also had those nice long black gloves. "What the fuck?!" Lena yelled and got shushed by the meister. "Watch your words, sweety." He said. Lena was so confused, she stared to wonder if she drunk too much wine.

With a few snaps, a grand piano showed out of nowhere, with a pianist on it. The pianist started to play and the meister sang: "Think of your fellow man. Lend him a helping hand. Put a little love in your heart." Lena atood there confused, while the meister twirled around a pole, whick also came out of nowhere. "I think I'm stuck in a musical." Lena whispered to herslef. "You see it's getting late. Oh! Please don't hesitate, put a little love in your heart. And the world will be a better place. For you, and me. You hust wait and see!" He sang and out of nowhere, dancers and backeound singers showed up. The Luthor had wide eyes and had no idea what's going on. Everyone, except for Lena, started to dance and sing in unison. "If you want the world to know. We won't let hatred grow. Put a little love in your heart." One of the dancers jumped above Lena and it surprised her. They all started ro dance amd the piano kept on playing. "And the world! Will be a better place. And the world, will be a better place fot you, and me! You just wait, and see!" They all sang in unison and Lena started to humm with them. Then the meister took a solo: "You better take a look around! Oh if you look it down! Put a little love in your heart."  They danced together in a perfect rhythm and later sang in together again: "Put a little love in your heart! And the world, will be a better place.All the world! Will be a better place for you, and me. You just wait, and see!" The meister and the dancer started to dance around. Some jumped over Lena and other's made her dance. All of them started to sing, again: "Put a little love in your heart! (Put a little love, put a little love!) Put a little love in your heart (Put a little love in your heart!) Put a little love in your heart! (Put a little love)
Put a little love in your heart! (Come on and) Put a little love in your heart!" They all sand the last part . The dancers, backround singers and pianist soon disappeared out of sight.

The song was over and with a sano, they were back at Lena's apartment. "Nice performance." Lena said and walked to the kitchen for food. "You didn't get the lesson, did you?" The meister sighed and hung his head low. Lena looked at him apologetically and shrugged. Music meister sighed once more. "The lesson was easy. It was love." He said in defeat. The Luthor raised her eyebrow. "Why love?" She asked. "I saw two big broken hearts, no they were shattered. And it was yours and Kara's. And I wanted to show you that, since you lack the feeling of it. I wanted to show it to you, for you to know why Kara hid it from you. She didn't hide it from you, because of your lastname. She hid it from you, because she loves you.  To her eyes, you're to most precious being that ever existed and she wants to keep you safe. She did it for your protection amd she did it for love." He said softly and looked at Lena, with a soft smile.

Finally it ticked in Lena. "I'm so stupid." She mumbled to herself. "Well you better go before it's to late!" Encouraged the meister. Lena smiled. "Yeah, I should. Thank you." Lena said and gave the meister a warm smile. He just nodded and started to disappear into thin air, while singing soflty: "Put a little love in your heart."

When he was gone, Lena got freshend up and ran out of her apartment snd headed to Kara's.

After running like crazy, she was finally at Kara's door. The Luthor didn't even knock and the door was swung open, to be met with a tired Kara, still in her work attire. "Le-." Kara got interrupted by a pair of soft lips. Lena was kissing Kara, whit love and passion. And Kara reacted quick and did the same. Their lips fitted perfectly on each other and their tongues danced to a perfect rhythm. Kara pulled Lena closer by the waist, while Lena had her arms around Kara's shoulders. As they finally broke the kiss, breathless. All Lena could say was: "I love you too."

Those words were enough to make the Super smile like a star and she kissed Lena again. "You're not mad at me anymore?" Kara asked amd got a kiss as a response. "Not anymore." Whispered Lena. "I Love you." Kara said, with heart eyes. Lena smiled warmly. "I love you too."

And from two shattered, broken hearts, became two fixed hearts, that beated in happiness and love. From that day on, Lena's and Kara's future were meant to be together.