What's a soulmate?

Lena, Kara and their son were on the couch, cuddling together. It was a cold winter night and the little family were spending their holidays on a Alpine hut. Together they drank hot chocolate and watched a few christmas love stories...I know cheesy, right? All three were really enjoying the movie and the married couple can't get enough of their son's giggles. Suddenly their seven year old son, sneezed so hard that he froze his hot chocolate and by accident a part of the TV. "Leonard Kristopher Luthor-Danvers!" His mother's said in unison. The little boy, with dark brown hair and ocean blue eyes looked at his mother's. "Sorry." Mumbled the young Super. Kara sighed, but started to laugh. Lena and Leonard looked at her confusingly, but then they also started to laugh. "That was the clumsiest thing I ever witnesses." Kara said through laughs, as she was soon out of breath. Lena nodded and Leonard just huffed. Quickly the young Super used a tiny bit of heat vision and soon his hot chocolate and Tv were unfrozen. "I'm sorry." Apologized Leonard, as he looked at his mother's with puppy eyes. Lena and Kara gave him a loving smiled and kissed his forehead. "It's okay. You didn't do it intentionally and it was also really funny." Lena said, as she hugged her son tighter. That made Leonard giggle and soon everyone had a bright smile on their face.

The little Superfamily snuggled closer and just cherished the moment. Leonard felt safe between his mother's and it made him happy. He got a lot of love form the both of them and he was raised in a household full of love. His mother's thought him a lot...They taught him how special love is and how important family is. Kara and Lena found him for his age very wise, since he would understand things not even 40 year olds would understand...And by that I don't mean hard mathematical occupations.

It was silent for a time, till Leonard asked: "Ieiu and mom...What's a soulmate?" Kara and Lena did not expect this question. Both women looked at each other and then to their son. Lena smiled and stroked a little of Leonard's soft dark brown hair. Kara then took a deep breath and spoke: "What's a soulmate you asked?" The little boy nodded eagerly and looked at his Ieiu and mom. "Well...It's like a best friend, but more." Kara said and looked at her wife, signaling her to continue. "It's the one person in the world who knows you better that anyone else."Lena said and kissed Leonard's forehead, which made him grin. The grin made Kara and Lena smile.

Flashback

Kara just arrived from a tiring day at work. When she got into the living room, she was met by her girlfriend, typing furiously on her computer, sitting on the couch. "Hey babe." Kara greeted and gave a peck on Lena's cheek. Lena was not having it and pulled Kara for a deep passionate kiss. "Hi love." Lena said, as they broke the kiss. Kara was grinning like and idiot and sat next to her girlfriend. "How was work?" Lena asked, as she put her laptop down and gave her full attention to her girlfriend. "It was fine." Kara lied and Lena immediately knew. "It was not fine...So what happened?" Lena said and got closer to Kara.

The Super sighed and looked to the ground. "I met up with Kal today and I noticed how far apart we are. It's like we are strangers who are related." Kara said in defeat and leaned on Lena's shoulder. Lena felt really bad and snuggled closer to Kara. "What made you think like that?" Lena asked, she really wanted to help. Kara then looked into Lena's eyes and continued: "When I arrived here on earth, he wasn't really there for me. He abandoned me to another family...Which I don't complain about, because I got adopted by an amazing family...But the least he could have done was be there for me. That I would've had someone able to understand about Krypton and my powers. That he could've helped me control my powers. But no, he chose to abandon me and act like I wasn't his older cousin." Kara said, who had tears going down her cheeks. Lena hugged her tighter and stoked her hair.

"When we talk, it's small talk. We basically don't know each other and he barely calls me or texts me. All the time, I text him about my day and rescue, but he never answers me or when he does, it's only a 'great' or 'nice to know'. I have a feeling he doesn't care about me." Kara said, who was no laying on Lena's chest, crying. "Did I do something wrong that he doesn't want to connect with me?" Kara asked herself and that made Lena's heart ache. Why would Kara think like that? It's not her, it's her cousin. "Look. You did absolutely nothing wrong. It's him who is doing wrong. You just want to connect with him and be there for him, just what older cousins would do. Never ever thing like that, because between the two of you, you have become the better hero, with the better heart. Clark is a good man, but he has stop acting the almighty. You did nothing wrong, it's him who did." Lena said softly and looked into Kara's eyes. Kara beamed a small smile and kissed Lena full of love. "You know that I love you, right?" Kara asked and made Lena chuckle. "Yes, I know you dork and I love you too." Lena answered and pecked Kara's lips.