It's a curse and blessing

It was Kara's and Lena's one year anniversary and Lena wanted to do something extra special for Kara. Lena took the day off of work (Which is a miracle) to get ready for when Kara comes home that evening. Lena got candles set up, some roses in vase on the table, a card and even some sexy lingerie for later. The Luthor also cooked up the Super's favorite meal, which was ready by the time Kara got home from work.

The door swung open and Kara set her jacket and bag on the entry table, sighing. Lena did know that Kara has a busy day as a reporter and superhero and frowned when she saw the exhaustion on Kara's face. Finally, Kara perked up as as she registered the smell of the food and the fact that Lena was home before her. "Babe!" Kara giggled, giving Lena a hug and kiss. "What's all this? I thought we weren't gonna make a huge deal about today?" Kara said, with a huge smile on her face. "You had to know I was gonna make a huge deal about our one year." Lena chuckled, while Kara held her by the waist and she had her arms around Kara's shoulders. The Luthor gave one soft kiss, before walking to the table and pulling Kara's chair out for her. "Your seat, my love." Kara laughed more, as she made her way over to her seat and sat down. "Why, thank you." Lena pushed her chair in and kissed the top of her head, before sitting down in her chair.

Kara ate about five plates of potstickers, pizza and lasagna, and Lena was still amazed, even though she was well aware that she was dating a Kryptonian. "Thank you for tonight, baby. It was absolutely amazing." Kara said, take Lena's hand and kissing it. "Oh it isn't over yet." A devilish smirk formed on Lena's face, as she got up and walked into their room to change into her new lingerie. In the meantime, Kara got a call and quickly answered it, as it was from Alex. "Hey Alex. What's up?" Kara greeted her sister, a grin still spread across her face. "There's been an alien attack...I know. It's your anniversary, but we were kind of hoping you'd come..." Alex responded, who was hesitating to ask her sister. Kara sighed, downing that no matter how much she wanted to stay with Lena, duty always calls. "Yeah, I'll...uh be there in a few. Get J'onn to send me the location." Kara hung up the phone, she stood slowly ad walked up to the bedroom door. "Uh...Baby..." Kara said, who sounded disappointed. "Kara, I'm almost done" Lena giggled. "You have to be patient, love." Lena teased.

"I actually have to go, baby...The DEO called and-." Lena cut her off. "Oh, of course, go ahead. O'm not going anywhere." Lena answered though the door. "I promise we'll continue this when we get back, okay? I love you, so much." Kara promised, who leaned her head at the door. "I Love you more. Now go kick some alien ass." Lena chuckled, trying to hide her disappointment. And with that, Kara was off and Lena was alone...

Lena tired her best to stay awake and wait for Kara to get home, but the alter it got, the heavier her eyelids felt. So, Lena ended up falling asleep on the couch, with Kara's sweater on.

Kara got home, feeling amazing. She had just said the city from an alined and now she was going to finish off the night with her amazing girlfriend. She was on top pf the world. "Lena! I'm home!" She yelled excitedly, but her smile turned into a frown when she saw Lena asleep in the living room. Kara sighed, disappointed in herself for ruining their anniversary. She picked up Lena bridal style and laid her softly on their bed. Kara kissed Lena on the forehead and got herself change into some comfortable clothes. "Sometimes." Kara whispered to herself. "Being a superhero is as much of a cruse, as it is a blessing." She whispered and got into bed, holding Lena tight.