The way we were

Lena was in her study flipping page after page furiously. "She woke up 300 years early." Lena whispered to herself. In front of her were unknown symbols...A language long forgotten. Suddenly Dr. Danvers came into sight. "Dr. Luthor, the Kryptonian wants to see you...If I understood her correctly." Alex said and walked over to Lena. "I'll see her in a few." Lena answered, still reading the pages of the book. "The book of Kara Zor-El." Alex said. "Do you think that's her? That she is the legendary Kryptonian?" Lena asked and Alex shrugged. "The pictures are very identical to her...I believe she is her." Alex answered and Lena took deep breaths.

After some time of reading the book, Lena went to the laboratory where their guest was waiting patiently for her. Slowly she entered the lab, not wanting to scare the Kryptonian, because she knew it had very sensitive ears. The Kryptonian was sitting on the edge of the hospital bed and observed the room carefully. She immediately turned around when she picked up a heartbeat...Blue eyes met green eyes. "Erosh bem." The alien greeted, with a warm smile. "Hello" Lena greeted back, her voice soft and warm. But then the Kryptonian closed her eyes, like she just scanned the words Lena said. It fascinated Lena and she observed the alien carefully. A minute later the alien's eyes opened. "Hello, I'm Kara Zor-El. What's your name?" Kara asked and Lena was stunned on how perfect her english was. "I-I'm Lena, Lena Luthor." Lena answered and gave her hand to shake. At first Kara was confused what to do with the hand, but after a time she got the idea. Happily she grabbed the Luthor's hand and shook it softly, afraid she might hurt the human. Lena was surprised how soft Kara's hand was, especially for someone who could bend steel with no problem.

They both gazed into each other's eyes and felt something weird in their heart. 'She has beautiful eyes.' Thought Kara and got lost into Lena's green orbs. They both didn't know how long they were standing their, still holding hands, but neither of them cared. 'Why do I have this feeling she knows me?' Lena asked through her mind, while she looked deep into blue orbs. Then Kara noticed they were holding hands and let it go. "I-I'm sorry." Kara stuttered out and rubbed the back of her neck. Lena got back into her senses and shook her head. "It's okay." She said softly and saw how the aliens face lit up. They both sat down on the lab chairs and Kara started to look around again. "How can you speak perfect english?" Lena suddenly asked and Kara looked at the scientist. "My brain is capable of learning languages in seconds by hearing a single word." Kara answered casually, but saw how Lena got even more interested. They started to talk about their planets, Lena talked about earth and Kara about Krypton.

Both have gotten interrupted by a knock on the door. "Dr. Luthor, the guest room is ready for our visitor." Jess said, while she peeked through the door. "Thank you Jess, I'll take her there." Lena said and smiled warmly to her assistant, while Kara waved at Jess making the assistant smile. "Where am I staying?" Kara asked, who was fiddling with her deep blue toga. "Just above the lab, there is a room where you can stay." Lena answered and led Kara towards the room. When they entered the room, Kara's jaw dropped.  It was quite a nice place, there was a big bed, a huge TV, shelves full if books and DVD's, a neat table and a big window, with the beautiful view of whole National City. "Wow..." Kara said out of breath and Lena chuckled. The alien super sped to bed and jumped on it. "After 700 years in a ice tomb, Rao this is so comfortable!" Kara said and Lena started to laugh. "I guess it wasn't really comfy in there?" Joked the scientist and saw how the Kryptonian nodded. "Go make yourself at home, I still have work to do. But I'll come over and bring you dinner." Lena promised and soon heard the alien snore softly. She slowly walked out of the room and quietly closed the door.

Once again, Lena was in her study flipping through books about the legendary Kryptonian. "It's really her, but how can such a sweet bean be a legendary Kryptonian?" Lena asked Alex, who was drinking a cup of tea. "Lena, to be honest I have no idea." Alex answered and took a sip. Lena sighed and cupped her face. "You know, when I looked into her eyes, when I talked to her...I have this feeling she knows me and I know her. Like I might have met her already..." Lena said and took deep breaths. "Wait, in her very least book...On the last pages, she might mention about her love life." The red head said and grabbed the book. Immediately she flipped though the last pages and found the it. But Alex facial expression went blank, like she has see a ghost. "Alex what is it?" Lena asked worriedly and slowly took the book, when she saw it, her face went blank. "Why is my face drawn in here? Why do I look like her?" Lena asked, her mind going crazy and wandering through different scenarios. "You are the reincarnation of Lutessa." Alex said in shock. "You are the...You are her! Only the true love of the Kryptonian can wake her up and you were the one who found the tomb." The Danvers said and read through the page. "Wow, you guys did have a sweet and romantic love life." Alex complimented and Lena sat on the sofa still in surprise and shock. A part of her was happy and relieved, while the other part was scared and terrified.

After some time, the Luthor ordered Chinese take out and entered Kara's room. There she saw the Kryptonian watching TV and trying to find out how a remote works. "Having trouble?" Lena teased and saw how the alien's face lit up by the sight of her. "Lena!" Kara squealed and went to hug the human. Lena was surprised by the gesture, but happily hugged the alien back. While waiting for food, Lena taught Kara how to use certain things in the room. It didn't take long, till Jess came into the room and laid the food onto the table. "Thank you Jess!" Kara and Lean said in unison. When Lena unpack the food. she saw how Kara observed it carefully. "That's a potsticker." Lena answered and showed the aline how to eat. And Rao, when Kara started to eat one potsticker...The rest was gone within seconds. "These are so delicious!" Kara complimented and Lena was sitting there, mouth gaping like a fish. 'High metabolism.' Lena thought, she was really astonished how much Kara could eat.

When they were done eating and talking, Lena suggested Kara if they wanted to watch a movie....Since the Luthor wanted to show Kara a bit of culture on earth. "You can choose from that shelf there." Lena said and pointed towards the shelf. Kara super sped to it and Lena was expecting some type of documentary, but was the alien chose was something different....Kara chose a old romance movie: The way we were...

Lena was surprised by Kara's choice, but accepted it. It was one of her favorite movies ad found it suspicious how the alien knew it...It could be utter coincidence. As they watched the movie and got comfortable on the couch...Lena saw how Kara's curiosity grew. Plus she found the crinkle on the alien's face quite adorable, plus how  adorable she looked in black sweatpants and white T-shirt. Lena started to  freeze and Kara immediately noticed it. So she closed the window and grabbed her blue toga. Gently she draped it over Lena and the human gave the alien a thankful smile. Both continued to watch the movie, but they felt something weird in their hearts...Both were craving to be near each other, to touch each other, but they didn't have a clue why. As they continued the movie, they inched closer and closer to each other, till they were cuddling. Kara laid herself on the sofa and Lena was on top of her. The movie was still going, but Kara got very curious when the characters started to kiss.

When the movie ended Lena got out of Kara's warmth and both instantly missed each other. "I better get going and it's quite late." Lena said and wanted to grab her things, when Kara stopped her. "Can you please stay?" The alien asked and Lena felt how her heart got warm. "Okay." Lena answered softly and Kara smiled softly. They looked into each others eyes and no words were needed...They knew they were meant to be. Their faces inched closer and closer, till Lena could not take it anymore and crashed her lips with Kara's. To botch, it felt like theyvve kissed each other before...Their lips were fitting perfectly, their rhythm in sync...They didn't feel like strangers, they felt like lovers from the past. Their hand roaming each others body, so soft and gentle...

When they broke the kiss, they couldn't stop smiling. "I knew we wouldreunite with each other one day." Kara whispered, while she still held Lena by the waist. Lena smiled and pecked the alien's lips. "I can't remember much, but I can feel the way we were..."