"God complex"

Lena and Supergirl were having a fight about the Kryptonite. "I should be the only one in controll of Kryptonite." Supergirl said sternly. Lena scoffed in disbelief. "I made it to help Sam. Of course I will never hurt you or your cousin." Lena said, trying to prove her point. The Super just stood there, her eyes looked furious. "Of course you did. But Kryptonite is something very personal to me." Kara said, as tears started to build up in her eyes. Lena looked at her cooly and dangerous. "You really have a God Complex." Scoffed the Luthor. That made the Super's face soften and stand still. Her eyes were wide with shock...

Lena laid the case with the formula and the Kryptonite on the ground and left the DEO, who was very pissed off. Kara just sighed, as she noticed that she hurt her best friend, well as Supergirl. She had to explain herself and apologize, as Supergirl, but first was let the fight cool off a little. "She did not pull out that card, did she?" Winn asked, who was now standing next to Kara. The blonde looked at the ground and nodded. "She did, Winn. But I see her perspective, all she wanted to do was help Sam, I mean I would do the same if one of you were Worldkillers. And I do trust her, of course she would never hurt Kal-El or me. Lena just doesn't get the point about Kryptonite and I should go apologize." Kara said softly. Winn patted her back. "Yeah, you should go apologize after work." Winn advised. Kara gave him a warm smile and a hug. "I better go, I still need to write that article about the Worldkillers." Kara said and walked onto the balcony, and up up and away.

Work was done, crime and the Wolrkillers seemed quiet. Kara had also her article done...Everything was done for the day, except to apologize to Lena. Kara packed all her stuff, cleaned up her desk and headed down to the main lobby. She walked out the building and took and empty alley way and flew to L-Corp. Within seconds she was in L-corp and Supergirl Landed softly onto the balcony. Lena didn't notice anything, because she was too busy with work. Her work got interrupted by a soft knock onto the glass door. Instantly she turned around and was met by the heroine who was standing on on the door. "Supergirl." Lena said monotony. "May I come in?" Supergirl asked nicely. Lena just roller her eyes, but gestured the chairs in front of her white desk. The Super walked in front of the desk and looks at the ground. It was dead silent for a few mere seconds. "I-I'm sorry about today. It was a huge misunderstanding." Kara apologized and looked up to Lena, who's face softened a little. "You're apologizing because I told you, you have a God complex?" Mocked the Luthor. Kara's sighed. "It's not because of that, Lena. Just hear me out." Kara pleaded. The Luthor just sat on her nice chair and waited. "Again, I'm sorry about today...I do trust you Lena, very much. I trust you, you wouldn't hurt me or my cousin. You only made Kryptonite to separate Sam and Reign...I mean I would do the same thing to my friends, even to you. But the point is, Kryptonite is something very personal, deep in my soul not even my cousin would understand...I-I crave for it..." Kara said the last part in a whisper, but Lena heard it loud and clear. "What do you mean?" Lena asked now worriedly. The Luthor started to wonder if the Super had suicide thoughts, they do have their differences, but Lena did care about Supergirl.

Kara sighed again. "I crave for it...very much. Because those are the last parts of my home, of Krypton. And it hurts me that I can't even touch it without having this painful feeling of needles in your blood, trying to tear your skin. It's like having acid instead of blood, but it won't leave your body. And I feel ashamed that I can't hold a peace of home, without being in pain." Kara said, as a little tear slipped out of her eyes, but wiped it away quickly. Lena just sat there in shock and felt bad for the Super.

Kara continued: "And about the God Complex. I didn't feel hurt about it. It's just that you don't get my perspective, which I totally understand because nobody knows about it. Even though I am the strongest person on earth, proven to be stronger than my cousin...There are times I feel powerless, even with powers. Just because I can lift mountains, shoot lasers, fly faster than sound, speed through the city in seconds, invulnerable and freeze things...I still don't consider myself higher. There are times I just want to be normal...Superpowers aren't always gifts, they are also curses. Yes, my cousin may feel like that, that he is the almighty, but him and I are different. We may be related, but were are different people, with different experiences and with different views in life. Superman goes by the book, I go by my instincts. He fights with strength, I fight with my heart. I can do extraordinary things, but there are so many times I feel powerless...That I am nothing. I reacted that way, because I hate it when people are in danger because of me. It's brilliant that you were able to find out, how to make Kryptonite, but it can bring you in danger, Lena. Your mother might come after you or other enemies, and they will hurt you. I have lost so much in my life...My home planet, my family, my aunt, friends that sacrificed their lives and I can't bare the thought, if I lose you because of me. All I want to do is help people and mostly the people I love, that I consider family...And you Lena are family to me."

Kara's eyes welled up with tears. What she just said, was the truth. Lena deserved to know the truth. The Luthor sat there in complete silence. She didn't expect this from a Super, she expected a lecture, but what she got was the complete opposite. "I-I-m sorry Supergirl, that I thought you had a God complex." Lena stood up and gave a hug to Kara. Of course, Kara hugged back and for Lena it seemed oddly familiar. "Thank you for sharing that with me." Lena whispered softly into the Super's ear. When they broke the hug, they gave each other warm smiles. "Friends?" Kara asked, as she gave her hand to shake. "No." Lena said sternly and made Kara frown. "Friends and partners in crime. A Luthor and a Super working together." Lena said softly and shook the Super's hand. But again, Kara pulled her into a tight hug, which startled Lena, but relaxed into it. "Before we do anything. You deserve to know the truth about my identity." Kara said. "Kara, I knew you were Supergirl for months now. I just waited, till you would tell me." Lena said and smiled, as if nothing happened. Kara tensed and stood still. "You knew? How? And aren't you mad?" Kara blurted out the questions. Lena grinned. "You fell asleep on my couch and your glasses fell off. And I was a little mad a t first, but then i fond why you hid it from me" Lena answer casually and made Kara laugh. "I'm sorry for lying to you." Apologize Kara. She was brought into a bone crushing hug. "I know. And It's okay."Lena said softly and kissed Kara's cheek.

And that was the day, their future were meant to be intertwined.