Chapter 27: ➢ My Stupid Feathery Ass

Hello! I'm back! I usually write all my chapters at 1 am when I had absolutely nothing to do while my rabbit watches me laugh at my own jokes and my S/O is out cold on Facetime half listening to me ramble on about TGP.

As far as he's concerned, there is a sexy gang leader that prepubescent me invented called Xavier Dante, he hot like a mf, and adult me would date him in a heartbeat. Goodbye-

🐥 ---------------------🐥

I stared at my hands, nervously twiddling my thumbs as I sat in the backseat of the car Argent had sent to escort me to his event. I woke up this morning and completely forgot the party was today, so I loafed around all day until some muscular buff man turned up outside my door asking if I was ready to go.

I had about 10 minutes tops to throw on a random party dress I found deep in my closet and get in the car before the chauffeur got bored and used me as target practice.

The ticket lay beside me on the seat as I tried hard not to barf from the nervous energy building up in my stomach. I had no idea what was going to happen tonight and I really hoped for my sake that Xavier sorts his shit out on his own without me held at gunpoint for the zillionth time since I was kidnapped.

"We're here Miss Brooklynn," The man finally spoke, opening the car door for me. We had been driving for ages and the more we rode the more nauseous I was getting. 

I stepped out, gazing around to get an accurate view of my surrounding. There stood a marvelous dwelling in front of me, bigger than the Dante residence and shaped like a modern-day castle. Oh my god, is this where Argent lives?

My mouth fell open like a fish gasping for air as I turned back to the man assigned to escort me in shock. The only problem was, we were standing behind the mansion whilst all the bustling and commotion from the guests could be heard from the front side.

"Argent asked that I bring you to see him first," He informed me, clearing my confusion. I nodded as he led me down the footpath to the backdoor. Once I stepped inside, the warm air engulfed me and I was faced with the bright and dazzling light of the inside. 

This place was marvelous, it looked like something out of a Bridgerton Tea Party.

"This way please," the chauffeur dude called forth my attention, not letting me drink in the beautiful antique interior as he continued to walk down the corridor. My head snapped around in every direction like a child, catching sight of the painting and the antique ornaments put on display as I walked. 

"Miss Brooklynn," he ushered me, gesturing to the door at the end of the hallway. "Right through here,"

What is it with Argent and choosing the room that's the furthest away? Could he not choose the first door to his immediate left? Sheesh. For a fat man he sure can walk.

"Ah Miss Brooklynn!" Mr. Argent dude called me as soon as he witnessed my shriveled figure walking in through the door, followed by the chauffeur who shut the door behind us, "So glad you could make it!" I could still barely see his face. This guy really liked dimly lit rooms.

"Yeah haha, me too," I replied nervously, rubbing the back of my neck as I walked towards the seat that was set up for me in front of Argent. There weren't as many armed men today as there were the other day, but it was still feather quaking to be in here.

"Champagne?" Argent questioned, offering me a thin tall glass filled with light pink liquid. Oooh pretty. I nodded, taking the pretty colored drink into my grasp eagerly. Unfortunately, it doesn't taste as good as it looks.