Chapter 31: ➢ Up The Stair, Not Down The Pole

"What?" Gabe blinked in disbelief. The look on his face was abundantly clear, he thought I belonged in the loony bin. At this point in my life, I probably did. Nothing was making sense to me, and here I was caught in the middle of a gang war.

I must make it known that I am in no way Spiderman in any goddamn universe to be stopping any turf wars!

"Gabriel you have to believe me! Argent he- he" I looked down frantically at my open palms, trying to put my scrambling thoughts into words so that Gabe could understand what I was saying. 

I felt like that point during an exam when the fricken question asks 'justify your answer'. LIKE I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I DON'T EVEN KNOW!

He cut me off mid-sentence, placing both hands on my shoulder in an attempt to calm me down from spiraling out, "Calm down Sky, talk slowly," he assured me gently. I exhaled dramatically, trying to make sure I didn't go into cardiac arrest just trying to form a sentence.

"Argent, he- he wants Xavier to come here! He knows that Xavier knows that he knows that-" I lost the plot a while ago.

"Sky you're not making any sense," Gabe shook his head confusedly, "No one's seen Xavier since the drop off 2 hours ago,"

"What?" I croaked helplessly, my eyes widening when the timeline became apparent in my head. Maybe he's already a jerk kebab as we speak!

"Look, my orders were to find you, and get you out of here without letting you get hurt," He told me confidently, "The rest, Xavier will handle himself," He had an awful lot of confidence in that 6-foot gun-wielding brat Xavier Dante!

"What? How did you know where I was?" I asked immediately, confusion evident in my features. That makes no sense, I was in a room several rooms and floors away from where I am now, how did Gabe exactly where to be?

Gabe smiled coyly, continuing to fix his straps and guns on himself, "Xavier told me you would be here,"

"What the flying ducks?!"

"Yep, he said, and I quote 'if Skyler is going to do exactly what I think she's going to do, she'll be on the second-lowest floor closest to the entrance into the ballroom'" He replied, mimicking Xavier's deep voice. My mouth fell open like a fish out of water. How in the flipping-

He weighed my entire survival on the will of my idiotic and impulsive brain! Oh, that little dickweed! If Argent doesn't kill him first, I swear to sweet mother duck, I will kill him myself.

"We need to go now," Gabe replied, snapping me out of my thoughts.

The loud sound of banging sounded from behind us, followed by noises of guards yelling. Oh, crab nuggets. "They must've checked surveillance" Gabe cursed under his breath, pulling his gun out of his chest strap, "Skyler we gotta go, NOW!" He grabbed my arm, pulling me with him as we ran for the window at the back of the room.

Gabe kicked it open, letting the cold night air hurl in. "What the heck Gabe how did you even get in here?!"

"Used the front, with a ticket," He grinned. Oh my god! The tickets Xavier got from Theo! But won't Argent's men be on guard? "Just because they know what Xavier looks like, doesn't mean they know what the rest of us look like," He continued as if reading my thoughts.

That is a very good point. Wait a minute...did he just mind read?!

The banging got fiercer and louder, I could tell by the way the door was creaking, it was close to being thrown off its hinges. I placed my hands on the window sill and looked down at how high we were.

Holy quacks we were about 50ft still off the ground, despite being only 2 floors up. How tall is this fricken mansion?! There's no way I can jump from here without getting a one-way ticket to meeting God. "Stand on the window sill," Gabe instructed, fumbling with something in his jacket pocket while keeping the gun aimed steadily at the door.