Chapter 32: ➢ Doing The Harlem Shake

The room instantly stiffened as another voice spoke smoothly through the radio that Argent was commanding from moments ago. I knew that voice anywhere and considering the agony that had consumed me, his voice felt like an angel savior.

...despite the 101 thoughts of murder I had on my mind about him like I was YNW Melly.

"Dante?!" Argent's voice fought back shock from the same device. Everything in the room stood still including Gabe and me as we listened with our breaths held. The tension in the room coming from the men was thick and considering the light falter in Argent's voice, he didn't anticipate this either.

"Ah, Argent, quite a weak security system you have despite all the money you stole from the Dante Estate, considering I have complete control of it now," Xavier Dante chuckled in a nonchalant voice. There was something so devilishly hot about the way he spoke, god is this what I'm attracted to?! "Now step away from my Right-Hand man,"

The men gazed around frantically at each other when Xavier revealed the fact that he had control of Argent's security system as if it were a game of chess.

"Kill him!" Argent growled from between the intercepted signals as the men he was commanding quickly straightened and the rifle was once again aimed at Gabe.

Before I could react to Argent's frantic command, the sound of a sharp gunshot thundered in the room followed by the sound of glass shattering. My heart dropped to my feet as a large thump sounded signaling a body had fallen to the ground and I felt sick to my stomach.

No. Please no.

Did they shoot him? I was so scared to look, I knew if I saw Gabriel's lifeless body sprawled on the ground, I would lose all right and reason. Dread slowly clutching my heart, I gazed up shakily from where I was held pinned to the ground.

Gabe's eyes widened locked with mine as he still continued to stay kneeling just a few feet away from me. Our eyes trailed down together to the slumped body on the ground of the henchman that was previously aiming at Gabe's head.

Oh my god.

"I told you not to do that, Argent," Xavier's voice chuckled on the radio once more and the men clamping me down stared at each other with sweat beading at their foreheads. All the armed men in the room frantically started scouring for the resource of the sniper that had shot one of their own. "I have your whole place surrounded,"

I could tell from the lack of response from Argent, that he probably was gritting his teeth at the turned tables.

"Where are you, you bastard?!" He finally hissed desperately from the same black device that Xavier's voice was coming from.

Xavier's laugh filled the room, "Why don't you come find me?"

God, his villain arc is so attractive. Mama, I'm in love with a criminal.

The henchman whose vest had the radio attached to immediately reached for it, clicking the button to speak, "Sir, it's an intercepted signal, you can't intercept our radios remotely,"

That must've bought about an epiphany that went right over my head.

"You're in the mansion aren't you?" Argent snapped and my eyes widened. There's no way Xavier would walk right into the mansion like that! This was Argent's home, no one knew it better than he did! Xavier couldn't possibly hope to win without the advantage of home ground!

The seriousness never left Xavier's voice as he replied in a monotone voice, "Your fight isn't with them, Argent, let them go and I'll face you myself,"

Argent's smug crackle rang through the radio, "Clever Dante, you think I'd be stupid enough to face you alone? I'll kill them in front of your very eyes before I kill you." He paused for a moment, "I'll do it just like I did the night I killed your parents,"