Chapter 19: ➣You've Got To Be Ducking Kidding Me

.......

*readers impatiently tapping their foot*

Yeh okay, read ahead, and forgive me at the end? 

🐥 ---------------------------🐥

I stared at Xavier's lightly streaked brunette hair sweep over his eyes as he continued to drag me down the empty corridor of the warehouse, his deep green eyes glaring ahead as he walked... more like flew, with his shoes barely touching the ground as he rushed through.

Man, he looked like a pissed Latina about to backhand some ignorant little bitch.

"Hey, Xavier?" I tested his name quietly, looking down to stare at the grip he had on my wrist, almost squeezing the life out of me.

I think my wrist is losing oxygen.

"What?" He questioned gruffly, not slowing down on his journey to rip off my arm.

"Thanks," I smiled at him, actually being serious for once in my life.

The only other thanks, I ever give is to the lady that checks out my Ben and Jerrys and hands it to me in a bag and neutral expression. Yes, apologizing and thanking people is not in my vocabulary.

Xavier's gaze shifted to me for half a second before looking back and shrugged uncaringly, "Whatever,"

I frown. Guess accept thank yous isn't in Xavier's Vocab either. What a loser. He doesn't even accept a genuine Skyler thank you. His loss.

In a few moments, the group of men that we had earlier abandoned emerged in view and by then Xavier had flown over to them. Tash, Jason, and Gabe stood in front of the crowd, their anxious faces dissolving into relief upon seeing their leader unharmed.

No one really cared about the duck that seemed to have all her feathers intact too. Thankfully.

"Was it successful?" Jason questioned quickly, as Xavier made a stop in front of them, he didn't reply, instead held up the envelope and a grin washed over everyone's face.

What the hell is in that envelope?

Without another word, Xavier glanced down at his wristwatch, a pondering expression taking over his blank face, "What time did we get here?"

"around 6," Jason piped in, his gaze shifting from his boss down to me, "Because we had to make so many pitstops," He glared at me and I grinned sheepishly.

"Hey, it was an emergency," I told him simply, receiving an eye roll. When I need to pee, I need to pee! God didn't build humans to have expandable bladder to hold another 6 liters. If so I would've had a store worth of Mt Dew.

"It would be late by the time we head back to the mansion," Natasha explained. As soon as the words escaped her mouth a rare expression appeared on my face.

"Lightbulb..." I muttered to myself before grinning suggestively at the group. "How about you guys just stay at my place?"

"No," Xavier answered almost instantly not even sparing me a glance.

"But...but...but..." I repeated trying to think of a good argument, "C'mon, please?"

"No means no,"

Gabe stared at me thoughtfully, his eyes trying to search through mine and I could see the inquiries that filled his own. "That's not a bad idea Xavier," He finally put forward, making a smile light my face.