Chapter 35: ➣ Daffy Duck PJs and Hello Kitty Band-Aids

Skyler's POV

"STAY IN BED!" Natasha screeched hoarsely as I almost broke my ankles trying to run out of the room. No one had come into my room all morning and I almost got away with getting up and dressed if it weren't for my meddling stomach growling, "Skyler if you leave this room-"

Too late I had already run out.

"SKYLER!"

Most of my injuries were mild cuts or scratches so half the guaze wrapping I had last night were replaced with antiseptic creams and band-aids

Pink Hello Kitty Children's Band-Aids to be exact.

The only ones that had any effect were the gauze patches on my skinned knees, but a simple pair of loose jeans and the determination to stop World War 3 was enough to get me up and down the stairs.

Xavier had promised to take me to see my dad today.

Even though part of me didn't want to see Xavier right now considering everything that's happened. Not because I hated him but because I almost fricken kissed him again last night when he reeked of alcohol! He was bound to forget it...or worse, call it a mistake and I knew my little heart can't handle that again.

My feelings for him had grown a lot stronger over the last week or so, granted I haven't forgiven him for duck shit he's done.

As you can tell, I'm astronomical down bad for this man.

The moment I made it to the kitchen, Xavier sat right in front of me on the breakfast bar. His fork of food was halfway in his mouth as he sat there dumbfounded, staring at my panting and out-of-breath form. Gabe sat next to him, milk dripping from his spoon of cereal as they both froze mid-bite to stare at me.

"Wait...*huff*...Let me *huff* catch my breath *huff*...first," I wheezed against the doorframe into the mansion's kitchen. Signaling them to give me one minute.

Xavier was dressed in a turtle neck and jeans with a tan coat over them. He was already up and ready for the day considering his impeccable organization skills. Oh my god, he's so ducking fine.

Gabe still had his PJs on, which was pretty cute. Wait, was that Daffy Duck on his PJ shirt? Oh my gosh, I'm going to make fun of him for that later on.

"God you're a fatass," Jason piped his loud mouth in as he walked by me into the kitchen. I balled my fist, pretending to punch him in the head as he smirked back at me. One of these I'll have him hung on a flag pole by his underwear.

"Xavier!" I squeaked quickly, ignoring my need to finally put Jason to rest in 6 different pieces as I turned my attention to the hot, but absolute madman, sitting at the breakfast bar. His emerald eyes met mine and I felt a chill running down my spine.

His lips look so pink...did they always look that good? I never wanted to be a fork so bad in my life.

DAMMIT. Why was he drunk last night?! We could've been married with those 33 babies by now. Stupid Xavier, his stupid hot face and his stupid asshole attitude.

"I'm ready," I told him courageously.

"Waiting for consent, nice Xavier," Gabe choked on his cereal in laughter before getting smacked across the back of the head. Xavier glared at him before shifting his gaze to me with a look of sincerity in his eyes. He looked like he wanted to say something but decided against it.

"Eat something first," He told me softly instead, motioning to the spread of breakfast on the island they were seated at.

I shook my head with a reassuring smile, "I'm not hungry-" I began with a full-blown rack of confidence.