Chapter 16: ➣ Happy...I Mean, Gabriel The Cat

Hey, pumpkins! Right now I'm probably sitting there with so much to babble about, but when I actually get to write it, I forget *sheepish grin*

So anyways, before I forget, I was gonna say, I'm entering this story towards #ProjectGiggle because the sole purpose of this story was to make readers spit milk from their nose (been there done that) hehe. Because laughter is the best medicine!

So TGP also made it to #6 in Humor and I literally couldn't stop rolling around giddily. I couldn't have done it without any of you, I love you all!!

Q/A: Btw, I always thought of Jason's facial features to be like Sam Way's, so who do you think would make the perfect Gabriel?

🐥 ---------------------------🐥

"Stop it, Skyler,"

I blinked, my forehead wrinkling with concentration as I continued to poke just under Jason's twitching eyebrows with a frown. "But it's blue," I pointed out the obvious, trying hard to suppress the laughter that was crawling desperately up my throat.

"Thanks, Captain Obvious," He grumbled under his breath and slapped my hand off his face, even though I persistently kept staring at his grotesquely colorful eye.

It was difficult not to even let a giggle out when the guy you hated from day 1 sat in the mansion's infirmary with one large black eye and a busted lip, all from one blow. Crouching in front of him, ignoring his clearly vexed expression, I scrutinized his bruise carefully and gazed down, unable to hold in my sniggers.

"Aw man! Xavier definitely kicked your ass!" I broke down, howling with laughter much to Jason's irritation.

"Shut up will you?!" He barked, crossing his arms over his chest in fury, "This is all your fault!"

"My fault?!" I cackled, wiping away tears at my waterline, "You're the one who ate his soup!"

Jason's eyebrow twitched as he clenched his eyes shut to stop himself from probably getting his ass beat. Twice. "Can someone shut her up?!" He instead screamed at the remaining two gang members in the room.

"Sorry man," Gabe shrugged, smirking broadly, "You brought it upon yourself," He too couldn't help but let loose a chuckle.

"You should know better than to take what belongs to Xavier," Natasha replied, glaring at him while she continued to dig around for the rubbing alcohol and some wipes.

"I didn't even know it was his!" Jason exclaimed anxiously looking around, "I don't understand what was so special about that soup either! It was just a measly bowl of soup,"

I didn't answer his question, despite his gaze lingering on me. What was special about that soup? Other than it being the only decent meal I could manage, it was my mothers and it meant everything to me.

But what of it was special to Xavier to go on a rampage over it?

"Maybe because it was his only decent meal for the day?" Natasha shrugged, folding up the cloth to apply the alcohol on. I nodded, still not putting all the pieces together of this turn of events.

But there was only one thing that still didn't manage to pass up in my memories.

His smile.

As creepy and deadbeat as it sounds, it was actually nice to see that side of him and I still couldn't let that moment go. He's usually frowning or giving me a blank face, so that was kind of refreshing... I guess? N-Not that I really care.