Chapter 37: Sorrows Sorrows, Prayers

I was bored...Here you go. 5000 words of pure chaos HEHE. Technically the story ended a chapter ago, but I sort of wanted to give my dear readers a glimpse of Xavier and Sky's 'relationship' post-climax.

I will post these randomly LOL.

IDK if I've used this GIF before in any of my chapters but Chace is SO hot. He doesn't usually fit Xavier's asshole personality but he's SO fine in this GIF.

🐥 ---------------------------🐥

Kissing Xavier Danté was the highlight of being kidnapped. Figuring out what's next in this hell-bent relationship was substantially worse than being kidnapped.

I leaned sloppily against my palms and sat on the breakfast bar by myself, watching Xavier speak to his team early in the morning. Granted I had checked him out multiple times behind his back, but I still couldn't help but marvel at the way his grey pants fitted perfectly over his butt and his back muscles look even better with that black polo shirt he was wearing.

Over the last few months, I had seen him in a range of similar tactical outfits with guns strapped to him, but for the first time since I met him; he looked like a normal person.

Until I piss him off and he summons a Glock to my head from potentially from the spirit realm.

I hadn't spoken to him since he confessed his ever-dying love for me...or it was the other way around. But the point was that I hadn't gotten a chance to talk about us since we got bombarded last night and he went to his room after dinner.

I stood outside his door like a creepy little pervert for 5 minutes wondering if I should knock or stand here shamefully before slugging back to my room.

With Xavier, The Grinch I could talk circles around him, invade his personal space, and annoy him just by breathing the same air, but this new version of him has me nervous. Except the old version of him hated my guts so I prefer this one, if I could fricken talk to him.

He was up and ready before the Devil himself so I missed him at breakfast and now he was talking to his team while I watched him awkwardly from a distance.

Part of me was scared he was gonna wake up with dementia and tell me he can't remember admitting to liking me.

Considering everything that's happened that didn't seem entirely implausible...

"Sup kiddo," Gabe's voice broke into my nervous scratching of the breakfast bar marble as he snatched the seat beside me. "Your Lucky Charms are getting soggy,"

"Dammit!" I cursed, finally realizing I had been aimlessly stirring my cereal for the last 15 minutes in a soup of soggy marshmallows and milk.

"You're a little distracted this morning Munchkin," He teased knowingly, leaning closer to me to follow my line of sight to Xavier. Fortunately for me, Xavier was still too absorbed with talking to his team to notice all the not-so-discreet checking out I was doing to his god-carved body.

"Shut up I was just thinking!" I grumbled, thwacking him on his good arm.

I was not thinking. I was perving.

Gabe snickered, reaching for a clean bowl before snatching my lucky charms from the bag beside me, "Yeah about your boyfriend,"

I narrowed my eyes at him, "He's not my boyfriend!" I exclaimed, trying to snatch my precious marshmallow cereal back. It was the one thing none of the other gang members ate in the morning since the chef makes breakfast for everyone at 8 am sharp and I was awake at 10. "I think..." I added a little in an unsure tone.