Chapter 28: ➢ What In The Duke Of Hastings?

He knew...

I shook my head before gazing out the window, the memories of the day before flooding in small fragments to entire moments. How did I forget? Was I really out cold after one cruiser...ship...yacht drink thing?

Xavier was there. He was right there. How did I fricken forget?! Maybe I was being schizophrenic? I pondered for a bit, the piece slowly sewing itself together in my head. No, he was definitely there.

I remember clearly.

🐥 ---------------------🐥

The night before

I watched the sleek black car drive away from in front of my house. Argent Man, I was so out of it. So tired and so spinny.

Woah, who's shaking the earth?

Using every bit of strength I had, I reached for my front doorknob, only to find it weirdly unlocked. What...the? Pushing it open I slugged myself inside, feeling the tiredness overwhelm me as I mentally prepared to possibly even face plant on the doorstep and sleep.

Thats weird though, I swear I locked the door.

"I thought I locked you," I raised my eyebrow, waving my index finger around at the half-open door in question. I was so out of it. That drink didn't even taste like anything, just like a bootleg raspberry Fanta, but here I was loopy as hell.

What is wrong with me? Am I really this lightweight?

"Are you talking to a doorknob Sky?"

I screamed, almost slamming myself on the wall beside me in fright. Did the door just fricken speak to me?! IT SPOKE! I swung it shut in fright, shaking my head to see if I was dreaming or something. The lights suddenly flickered and I screamed again at the grim-faced piece of hot hunk sitting on my couch staring back at me.

"Xavier..." I breathed, feeling my heart do a small somersault. He sat gracefully on my couch, facing me. His lips pressed into a grim line and his emerald green eyes drinking my limp figure in. A fat grin washed across my face at the sight of him. I haven't seen him in days!

I missed him.

"Did you now?" He spoke with a smirk and I slapped my hands over my mouth. Oh my god, I said that out loud! Giving him a sheepish grin to go against his devilishly handsome smug look, I staggered forward, holding my hands out for him.

"Hug?" I pouted, wobbling my way towards him with my fingers opening and closing like a small child wanting candy. Xavier's eyebrows knitted in confusion as he stood up from his seat on the couch. He was wearing black jeans and a nice white dress shirt with his hands coolly tucked into his pants pockets, gosh he looked delectable. "Xavierrrrrrr"

His cocky and smug look evaporated and eyes widened as I lost my footing just a bit away from him. Ah, duck! I gasped, closing my eyes and expected to taste my carpet. 

But instead, much to my immediate surprise, Xavier reached out, slipping his buff arm under my waist and catching me against him. Holy crab nuggets. I was so close to him, my head was against his bicep as the rest of me just hung on his arm.

He smells like vanilla. Lord have mercy I'm boutta-

"Skyler," He gritted out in a hard voice as I continued to stay in his grip, taking in his erotic scent. "What's wrong with you?" He sounded a little annoyed, but there was a hint of...concern? Damn, I must really be dreaming.

"I don't know Xavier, I feel tired," I giggled feeling his hands reach around my waist as he hoisted me up. Without warning, his face came right up close to mine, making me explode in a deep red blush. Holy ducks! He's so close. Too close.