♧♢♤♡36♡♤♢♧

Just going to say that I loved reading the comments at Chapter 35 ^-^
______

Reader's POV

Everything happens for a reason, every single movement has a purpose. A decision made by someone could easily change their fate.

And my worst decision was to say those painful words to Chishiya...

I never wanted to hurt him in the first place but I have to. I just wanted to stay by his side, make a family and die with him.

But I can't...

They won't let me!

I just hope that Chishiya will forgive me one day, I did this to protect him and everyone else.

♢♤♡Four days earlier, after the game of Battle Royale♡♤♢♧

As I was resting in the Infirmary room, Chishiya decided to get foods for me. I was waiting for him to come back when Haru suddenly entered my room.

"Can I talk to you?" He said with a sad smile.

I felt like whatever he's going to tell me isn't going to be good news.

"Sure." I managed to say and he stand beside me.

There was a moment of silent between us and I didn't want to be the one who breaks it as the tension in the room was growing.

"You need to let him go." He finally spoke and I felt a tugged in my heart.

"W-what?" I questioned and he sigh.

"You need to let Chishiya go Y/n." He repeated and shook my head.

"Is that what you came to tell me? If it is you can leave now." I am not letting Chishiya go, I want him beside me forever!

"Y/n don't be selfish! If you continue continue doing this not only his life will be put in danger but also Kuina and Tatta as well!" His voice raised and I avoided eye contact.

I gripped the blanket as I continue listening to him. I have no choice but to listen because I know he was telling the truth.

"You have lots of enemies Y/n, you know that! You're the Shadow and he's your light, if you don't stay away from him then they will take away your light at all cost!" Tears started to form in my eyes as I heard the truth.

I wanted to cover my ears to stop listening to him but my body won't respond to what I want it to do.

I wanted to run away and go to Chishiya but Haru was right, he will never be safe as long as I'm around him.

"He almost died because of you..." I widen my eyes as Haru reminded me that I almost lost Chishiya.

"How long are you going to keep this up? Your enemy could be anywhere, waiting for the right time to attack. If you don't let Chishiya go, then only death can make him go away!" My tears escaped from my eyes at the thought of losing Chishiya.

"Think about it Y/n and don't be selfish, come and find me if you decided to let him go. I promise I will help you hunt down whoever this Joker is." He offered before leaving the room.

My breath hitched and I exhaled deeply. I heard Chishiya coming so I wiped my tears away and gave him a smile.

An Assassin is trained to hide their true emotions without letting anyone see they are feeling.

Even a lie detector won't detect if we were lying, that's how good we are on holding back our emotions.

I wanted to cry in front of Chishiya as I said all those words to him but I had no choice but to hold back my feelings and show him that I was telling the truth.

"Here's your food, I'll feed you." Chishiya said and I smiled.

I treasured every moment we spent time together. He blew the soup before feeding it to me and I was the luckiest girl in the world to have him as my boyfriend.

As time passes by, I noticed that the father of Hiro, Ketong had recruited more people on his team and I see some of them spying on me.

How long are you going to keep this up? Your enemy could be anywhere, waiting for the right time to attack. If you don't let Chishiya go, then only death can make him go away!

"I need to meet up with Haru, I'll catch up with you later!" I quickly walked away before Chishiya can ask me a question.

You have lots of enemies Y/n, you know that! You're the Shadow and he's your light, if you don't stay away from him then they will take away your light at all cost!

I clenched hand into a fist as I remembered what Haru told me. I had no choice, in order to protect Chishiya I had to join alliances with Haru even though I was against it.

"So what's your plan?" I asked Haru.

We were in the security room at that moment and he pointed something at the monitor. I looked at it and saw Ketong with fifteen guys this time.

"He won't stop until he gets everyone in the military to join him." Haru pointed out.

"Do you have any plan?" I questioned and he nodded.

"We meet here everyday and observe what they are upto." He replied.

Everyday we meet each other and try coming up with a plan, everyday I have to avoid Chishiya even though the only thing I wanted was to be beside him.