♧♢♤♡37♡♤♢♧

At daylight we observed Ketong's group, follow where their hideout was and look for a blindspot.

At night time I would sneak out of Chishiya's room to hunt Ketong's members one by one and interrogate them.

Although as we get rid one member after another, Ketong's groups were increasing rapidly.

This was my daily routine and I couldn't even get enough sleep. I was happy though, I get to sleep with Chishiya by my side and he will be the first person I will see when I open my eyes.

He takes my tiredness away and he's the only reason why I have enough energy to face my opponents no matter how much I wanted to rest.

I can't rest, I must not stop until Ketong's group had been taken down.

It was the fourth day that we're observing Ketong's group and I'm sure they're taking extra precautions with all the members missing every night.

"Did you break up with him?" Haru suddenly asked and my breathing stopped for a second.

To avoid putting Chishiya's life in danger, I must break up with him and leave him without any reason but it was hard.

I didn't want to see him in pain, I didn't want to let him go. I know I'm being selfish but I just couldn't let him go.

"I'm working on it." I replied and he sigh.

"Y/n how many times do I have to tell you that-" I cut him off.

"I know I know it's for his safety but..." I turned to him while looking down the ground. "Can't I stay with him and get rid of my opponents at the same time? I can still protect him right?"

"Like how you protected him at the games of Battle Royale?" And again, he reminded me the time when Chishiya almost died.

"You're not around him all the time, you don't know when your enemies are going to strike. Their group is increasing so Chishiya's safety is decreasing." He explained and I turned my attention to the monitor where Ketong was talking to his group.

I couldn't hear what they were saying but they all looked serious.

"You can't protect him at all time Y/n, you must break up with him." Haru stated and I sigh.

"I am not doing it!" I exclaimed and he frowned.

"Oh come on Y/n, sooner or later you're gonna have to do it!" He moved the chair in front of me.

"Still, I am not ready!" I took a step forward while crossing my arms to show him that I am serious.

"If you don't do it then I'm gonna have to force myself to do it." He stood up while crossing his arms as well.

"Just give me more time, I need more ti-" As I took another step, I accidentally tripped over.

I fell on Haru, who fell back on the chair and we ended up in an awkward position.

At that moment, the door opened and my heart skipped a beat when I saw Chishiya at the entrance.

I pushed Haru and immediately stood up.

"Chishiya... I-it's not what you think!" I defended and I saw hurt in his eyes as he grabbed my wrist and starting dragging me away from Haru.

I sensed someone following us and I knew that Chishiya's life is in danger. His grip on my hand kept tightening so I yanked it back.

This is the time Y/n, you must do it!

If you don't do it now then you will never get a chance again!

I said words that hurt him, I could see the pain in his eyes.

It took me all my will to hide all my emotions, the tears that was urging to come out anytime soon as I hurt him even more.

"I don't love you anymore!" The biggest lie I've ever told in my life.

I'm so sorry Chishiya...

I'm really sorry...

...but this is the best for the both of us

Without you around me, you will live a normal life just like before. You won't have to worry about the danger I will bring when I'm with you

I walked past him, my tears started to stream down but I held a strong voice.

"Oh and remember this Chishiya, I only used you to accomplish my plan. Now that my plan is in progress, then I have no use of you anymore."

I was glad that my voice did not crack due to the tears that was dripping

I was glad that he didn't pull me and hugged me as I would have given up and stayed with him at that moment

I was glad that he didn't try and stop me as I would have break down if he did

I was glad that he didn't say a word when I was speaking as it would made it harder for me

I'm sorry Chishiya... I love you so much!

I didn't dare to look back, I continued walking away ignoring the looks I'm getting from random people.

I started running away, my heart was throbbing so much to the point where I might collapsed.

I wanted to take bacm everything that I said before I left before but it was for the best, for the both of us.

For our safety, for his safety...

Everything I did was to protect my Light and I will never let anyone hurt you anymore...

...Chishiya