Chapter 35: Wishes

JUNE 8, FELIX FELICIS, HOGSMEADE

Hermione laughed as Padma and Parvati giggled over each other, retelling their story about a crazy night last year when a hot, French quidditch team came into town. Padma interrupted herself when Harry shouted something across the room about Firewhiskey- running over to him, full goblets in hand. Draco was in the corner, deep in conversation with Luna when Hermione's searching eyes found him.

"I think I'll try to be a Chaser in the match Draco is putting together," Parvati nodded- her face determined. The sound of her voice woke Hermione from her Draco-induced daze. "He said Gryffindor was missing one so I'll try," she continued, fingers tapping the bar nervously as her eyes stared off in thought.

"That's amazing!" Hermione smiled.

"You'll cheer for me, right?" Parvati buzzed with excitement.

Hermione's eyes darted to Draco as she laughed, biting her lip nervously. "Mhmm," Hermione nodded her head yes, gnawing at her cheek as Draco noticed her watching him.

"Draco!" Parvati called out, pulling Draco's eyes from Hermione's.

Draco's eyebrows shot up at Parvati in recognition and he took long, swift steps towards them. Hermione watched his body move, lips parted as she scanned over him. He stepped forward to stand at her side, towering above her as his large, veined hands slid against the bar- the sound of his Slytherin crest ring ringing out on contact with the wood. Hermione stared up at him from her barstool, watching his jaw tighten.

"I'll be Gryffindor's third Chaser," Parvati nodded to Draco.

"Excellent," Draco nodded back with a slight smile.

Padma, who was now by the fireplace with Harry, shouted over to Parvati after overhearing her sister's excitement. Parvati jogged from around the bar to go tell her sister her decision. 

Draco turned to Hermione, his angular jaw jutting out above her eyeline. She breathed heavier as he moved closer.

"What were you two talking about?" Draco whispered, his hand reaching to slide across her shoulder to hold the back of her neck softly.

Hermione shook her mind awake to respond, "Just about her playing in the match...and me cheering for her."

Draco's lips pursed into a frown, his eyebrows drawn together. "That won't do," he growled.

"Draco," Hermione rolled her eyes, scoffing.

"Don't roll your eyes at me," Draco scolded, the grip on the back of her neck tightening. "What did I tell you, Granger?" he muttered darkly under his breath.

"Excuse-" Hermione began to scold back before Draco's hand reached swiftly across her jaw, his thumb sliding up to press her lips closed as his the rest of fingers held her tightly. He ran his thumb across her pouted lips, pulling her head towards him with the control of his hand at her jawline. Hermione's hooded eyes watched him, her muscles like jelly beneath his tight grip.

Draco suddenly released her face from his hand and sat down in the stool beside her, relaxed as he settled in. Parvati's voice cut through the buzzing in Hermione's ears as she stepped back behind the bar. 

"...and I can come practice at Hogwarts once or twice before it maybe?" Parvati looked to Hermione and Draco, eyes hopeful. 

"Of course," Draco nodded cooly.

Parvati cheered and walked away to pour a butterbeer at the other end of the bar. Hermione turned back from her to catch Draco leaning in towards her at that very moment. His whisper shot hot air down her neck as he spoke, "You're mine. Only mine. And you'll be in Slytherin green for that match."