Chapter 46: Career

AUGUST 21, ENTRANCE COURTYARD, HOGWARTS

Hermione slid her tongue against Draco's, letting the weight of her body press him into the tree as they kissed. The air was hot and sticky, making strands of her hair cling to her cheek as Draco's hands held her face in his hands.

"Draco," Hermione whimpered against his lips, fingers sliding through his hair as she leaned into him.

The sound of footsteps clattering on stone suddenly echoed nearby- making Hermione pull back from Draco to glance around for the source of the noise. A short girl appeared, nodding to them as she adjusted the large, brown leather books in her hand. She wore a stiff white collar under a black dress, both structured and perfectly pressed.

"Oh yes- hello, I'm Agatha," she nodded tightly. "I'll be instructing Divination classes alongside Professor Trelawney. You must Professors Granger and Malfoy," she mused, head cocking in curiosity as she glanced between them.

"Yes, hello Agatha- welcome," Hermione blustered, adjusting her shirt and stepping quickly to shake her hand. "I'm Hermione...and this is Draco," she nodded to Draco who arrived at her side, slicking his white blonde hair back into place.

"Nice to meet you," Draco nodded stiffly.

"Have you moved into the castle?" Hermione continued.

"Yes, just this morning," Agatha offered airily as her eyes seemed to examine Hermione and Draco further. "I'm going into Hogsmeade to meet Sybill for lunch now actually, but have a nice day," her musical voice chimed as she walked away, her quick steady footsteps fading quickly.

"Have a nice day," Hermione called out after her awkwardly with a wave before turning back to Draco.

"Another professor moving in...I guess the term really is about to start," she smiled to him once they were alone again.

"I'm glad we came at the start of the year...that we had all this time with just us," Draco breathed, arms folding over her hips as a warm breeze swept through the tree branches above them, sending large green leaves twirling down onto them.

"So many lovely memories...especially one in particular under this tree," she grinned wider, pulling herself into his chest.

"We should have done that the second you walked through those gates that first day," Draco shook his head, tone annoyed.

"It didn't take us very long to get there," Hermione giggled back.

"It took us forever to get there," Draco rolled his eyes.

Hermione pawed at the front of his shirt as she spoke, "I think we've made good use of the school grounds recently."

"It's a start," Draco shrugged, eyes glued glued to her lips as a smile spread across his face. "Speaking of..." he murmured, hands sliding slowly down her back.

"After that?" Hermione scoffed as she nodded towards the nearby gate Agatha had just departed through, "No...not right now when she could come back at any time."

Draco rolled his eyes with a huff, backing away from her as his arms swung overhead to grasp a tree branch. He hung from his arms slightly, letting his elongated body sway lazily around. Hermione watched his arm muscles flex and bend, lined with lightning bolts of veins that moved with his body's tensing.

"Will you come back here?" Hermione muttered with a smile as her eyes washed over him.

"You said 'not now'," Draco shrugged, dropping his hands from the branch above him and stepping back towards her.