Chapter 59: Causes

JUNE 30, GREAT HALL, HOGWARTS

Hermione eyed the rubies- counting and comparing Gryffindor's house points to Slytherin's carefully. A deep voice in her ear made her bounce back into Draco's arms as he growled, "What are you doing?"

"Just...seeing the state of things," Hermione fumbled, still startled and caught in his hold.

"You think you'll win?" Draco's hand tightened on her waist, turning her to face him slowly.

"It seems likely," she raised an eyebrow at his furrowed brow and clenched jaw- feeling her stomach drop at his dark expression.

"We'll see about that...there's time left," Draco stepped back slowly, eyes not leaving hers. 

"Professor Malfoy?" a first year squeaked out from the Slytherin table, making Draco pause- eyes still fierce on Hermione.

With a quick wink and smirk, he turned with a start- voice booming back, "Yes, Mr. Trell-"

Nervously running her hands down her robes, Hermione swallowed as she watched him walk over to the group of huddled together Slytherins, saying something inaudible to the group over the buzzing murmurs of the Great Hall.

Seeing the Gryffindor table uncharacteristically quiet (although that was most likely due to half the students already being gone back to the dormitory after dinner), she followed behind Draco towards the Slytherin table. 

Hermione lightly tapped her fingertips to the small of Draco's back as she arrived- sliding out from behind him and smiling at the collection of first years at the Slytherin table. She ran her fingernails in a tight circle, dragging softly over his spine.

Draco tensed at her touch, head whipping instantly to her- brow furrowed. With a deep breath, his lip curled- breaking into a small smirk as her hand ran quickly up and down his back before dropping to clench at her side. She blushed at his expression, clearing her throat as she turned to the students' bubbling conversation.

"-and then I'm going to London with my mum," a small boy squeaked, eyes bright as his friends listened.

"Trell is traveling all summer, Professor Granger," a lanky, ginger boy beside him nodded excitedly to Hermione, recapping what she had missed.

"That's wonderful- what a lovely opportunity, Mr. Trell. If you'd like book recommendations about the places your visiting, just let me know," Hermione smiled.

"Oh, thanks- I will," he squeaked back.

Draco's huffed soft laughter made her turn, catching his grin. "Please excuse us," he nodded to the students, still smiling as his eyes glanced to Hermione.

"Draco what-," she hissed under her breath as he turned them towards the doorway, footsteps echoing loudly on the stone floor, "-where are we-? What are you-?"

Draco's lips crushed to hers as her back slammed against the stone wall. Her head bounced into the palm of his hand as it laced into her hair- his knuckles cracking against the pressure of protecting her from the impact. He didn't seem to notice, tongue chasing hers as his hips pushed her hard against the wall- moving them behind a large statue of a knight.

"You're so completely your-fucking-self today..." Draco growled, nipping at her lower lip as her knees began to buckle. His kisses drew down her neck as he rambled on, voice cut with groans, "...reading since dawn, running around like a headless hippogriff getting ready for classes...working longer than you said...challenging me, following me, and then touching me like that while I already felt like I was on fire having to wait..." 

Hermione's body sparked and jolted out of her control. The movements were involuntary- her back arching as his fingertips pulled down her spine, her hips pushing to meet his, her thighs trembling as she felt him harden against her..."We have to get somewhere....else...we can't...here," Hermione gasped, trying to speak as quietly as she could. 

Draco chuckled at her squeak, ripping back from her body so fast that Hermione lurched forward with him- confused and unwilling to separate. 

"Come on then," Draco winked, nodded as he turned to walk down the hallway- steps long and bounding. Hermione sped after him, collecting his hand in hers as they whipped around the corner of a corridor.

Hermione gasped as Draco yanked them behind a large pillar, lips finding hers as his hands squeezed and pulled at her hips.

"We're- so- close- Draco," she whimpered, brows knit together as Draco's hand grasped her neck, holding it tightly as his lips kissed desperately at her skin. She glanced down the corridor- feeling like their suite was so close yet so far. 

"I know," Draco growl vibrated on her lips as he kissed her hard, hips grinding against hers.

A chuckle bubbled out of Hermione. "I mean- the suite...is so...close," she smiled as his fingertips pressed into the skin of her neck, still holding her to his lips. 

Draco stepped back slowly, hands releasing her and swiping into his hair- slicking it back as he took a deep breath. Hermione stood, disheveled and breath heaving, unable to move for a moment as she watched his eyes drag up and down over her.

With another deep exhale, Draco lurched forward- tossing Hermione up and into his arms. She gasped in surprise, but her legs wrapped around him without thought- instinctually hitching and  tightening on his hips as she felt his erection beneath her. 

Hermione's lips found Draco's throat as he bounded down the corridor, his hands kneading at her as she bounced against him. Soft groans matched her tongue's movements, making his chest vibrate against her.

Suddenly, he dropped her thighs- guiding her to stand. Draco's hand slammed their suite door open, collecting her under his arms as he swung them through the threshold.

Their clothes dropped into a tangled pile as they ripped at each other, lips attached. Draco groaned deep in his throat as their naked bodies finally clashed. Hermione's breathing came out in gasps as he threw her onto the bed- sliding inside her in one slow grind of his hips as he washed over her.

"You feel so fucking good," Draco growled under his breath as he thrusted harder- speed matching the bucking of Hermione's hips. 

"So do you," she whimpered back, squeezing tight around him as her hands clawed at his back- scratching as he buried himself deep inside her. "Fucking perfect," she whispered under her breath, lost in a whimper as his hips pressed her thighs further apart around him.

Draco's breathy chuckle as he bent down to kiss her made Hermione shudder. She wrapped her arms and legs around him, binding him close to her as his hard, fast thrust fought against her muscles. 

Hermione's hands weakened as her muscles began to spasm, leaving her clawing for him- but losing her grip. As he thrust, she adjusted beneath him slightly- inadvertently angling her hips so Draco's next thrust pushed even deeper inside her. Her hands seized up at the sensation, fingernails clenching into his low back hard. His gasp was cut with a deep groan, and she felt them both fall over the edge- shattering into orgasm against each other. Draco's hand reached down and held Hermione's hip tight against him- hips bucking a final time as he came inside her.

Bodies intertwined and still held tightly together, their eyes met- exhausted and in love. Hermione leaned forward, meeting Draco's smiling lips in a kiss.