Chapter 37: Self

JUNE 15, DRACO'S PROFESSOR SUITE, HOGWARTS

Hermione and Draco lay intertwined in bed, Draco playing with a strand of her hair with a smile. 

"So how exactly did you make this potion of yours sixth year?" Hermione nodded to Draco, mind racing with questions. 

"A bit of research...some experimentation," he grinned.

"That sounds dangerous," she scoffed, slapping at his arm.

Draco let out a breathy laugh, "Don't worry- I worked it all out quickly. And see? I'm nearly steady again." He lifted his hand, checking to see if it still trembled. Satisfied, he brought it down to slide over Hermione's body.

"So it's really safe?" Hermione asked, brow furrowed in skepticism.

"As safe as a few drinks," Draco shrugged.

"Well technically-" Hermione started before Draco's lips crashed onto hers. She squeaked in surprise, but kissed him back as she tasted the sweetness of him.

"So is Theo is gone now or is he still down in Slytherin?" she chuckled, running her fingers through his hair.

Draco shook his head, "He left for London."

"Does he work with his parents? Why haven't we seen him at The Three Broomsticks before?" Hermione wondered aloud.

"He doesn't work there often," Draco explained as his fingertips traced over her, "but he stays close by usually. He was one of the investors in The Phoenix."

"Really? Wow," Hermione muttered, impressed.

"So what did you think of my teammates?" Draco spoke slowly, seeming unsure of what she would say.

"I liked them," Hermione smiled, watching the nervousness cross his face.

"Yeah?" Draco muttered.

"Yes, they were all nice and quite funny... a bit wild- but no more than Fred and George," she laughed, memories of past Weasley chaos flashing in her mind.

"Good," Draco nodded, looking satisfied.

"Who would have thought we'd ever go to a Slytherin-Gryffindor joint party after a match?" Hermione grinned at Draco, eyes wide.

"A waste really..." Draco chuckled, "...imagine the trouble we could have gotten into all together with our...combined abilities." He flashed a wide smile at her before looking off in thought. Hermione couldn't help but join him, mind turning like a kaleidoscope with daydreams of what nights in the Slytherin Dungeons could have looked like for her. 

"Maybe we would have gotten together sooner," Hermione whispered in thought, her mind still contemplating alternate timelines.

"Maybe," Draco offered, not seeming convinced.

"Would you have tried?" she prodded.

"At a party? Maybe," he shrugged.

"What? 'Maybe'? You might not have?" Hermione snapped, a bit annoyed.

"Not because I didn't want to," Draco amended, soothing her irritation slightly, "But would you have wanted me to try? Trust me I searched for signs... but they weren't there, Hermione."

"Of course I- even then I- I mean maybe I wasn't good at giving the right signals then but I always..." Hermione rambled, mind spinning into the past.

"'You always' what?" Draco whispered, watching her closely.

Hermione blushed, "I always wanted...you. But not just once like the other witches...so maybe it just seemed like I didn't want you like that...because I knew that I wanted more than you gave." 

Professor Grangerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें