Chapter 18

*/The outfits are a suggestion. You can wear whatever you want. So please stop commenting about them it gets annoying. */

I woke up with a start as I heard music being blared and I looked around to see I was yet again in Damon's bed. "Yep kinda figured he wouldn't care, but who is blaring the music so loud?" I wonder to myself as I then get up from the comfy bed. I then grab my phone from the table beside the bed to see a whole bunch of text messages and I feel my stomach drop as I read the first text.

(To Stefan)

He was in his room, but doing pull ups with the music blaring and then Damon walks into the room.

"Could you turn it up a little bit? I mean it's not like (Y/N) is asleep in my room or anything." Damon calls out as Stefan continues to work out.

"Sorry." Stefan utters, which leads Damon to walk over and turns off the music and Stefan drops down.

"When you going back to school?" Damon asks.

"Soon... Anyway you should worry more on (Y/N) going to school more than me, seeing as she took refuge in your bed last night. Are you sure you two aren't dating?" Stefan asks as he then drops to the floor and begins to do push ups.

"Nope, she snuck into my bed on her own... Anyways more importantly you should just drink already. This self-detox, it's not natural." Damon says while he walks over to Stefan and bends down.

"Get that away from me, please?" Stefan asks.

"How long did it take you to wean yourself off of it after you last indulged?" Damon fires back and there was a moment of silence. "That's not good." Damon says with a smirk.

"I'll be fine. It takes a bit of time." Stefan answers as he is continuing to work out.

"I don't get it. You don't have to kill to survive. That's what blood banks are for. I haven't hunted a human in... God, way too long." Damon groaned.

"Oh, I'm impressed. It looks like (Y/N)'s finally rubbing off on you, huh?" Stefan questions and Damon sneers.

"It's completely self-serving. Seeing as I'm trying to get the town off the trail of vampires, which is not easy... Considering there's an entire tomb of them around has nothing to with Firecracker." Damon answers.

"What are we doing about that?" Stefan asks as he stops working out.

"We're not gonna be doing much of anything if you don't have your strength. There's nothing wrong with a healthy diet of human blood from a blood bank. You're not killing anyone." Damon replies.

"I have my reasons." Stefan responds as he then walks away.

"What are those holier-than-thou reasons? We've never actually discussed that. You know, I'd love to hear this story." Damon insisted as he then sits down and looks up at Stefan.

"You're really enjoying this, aren't you? Just watching me struggle?" Stefan asks.

"Very much so." Damon answers filled with amusement with his signature smirk.

"I hate to break it to you, Damon... But I actually have it under complete control." Stefan answers.

"You do?" Damon questions.

"Mm-hm." Stefan sounds.

"Oh. Well, then you should just carry on making the rest of us vampires look bad. Have a great day, Stef." Damon says as he then gets up and I walk into the room with a horrified expression, while gripping my phone and they both turn to me.

"Good morning, Firecracker. Was my bed comfy?" Damon asks with a smirk and I glare at him.

"It was fine till I read my text messages... They found Vicki's body, apparently you didn't hide it too well." I accused.