Chapter 65

(To Klaus)

He was painting on a gaint canvas when Rebekah walks in.

"What took you so long?" Klaus asks, but doesn't turn to face her.

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake." Rebekah answers, but then pulls out the Stake from her jacket.

"Luckily I'm quite the charmer." Rebekah adds as she begins walking over to Klaus.

"That's it?" Klaus questions as he turns to her.

"Last of the White Oak Stakes that can kill us. Do you want to do the honors, or shall I?" Rebekah asks, while holding the stakes out to Klaus, who grabs it and chunks it into the fire.

"Well, that's that, then." Rebekah states as she goes to walk away.

"Pack your bags. We're leaving." Klaus declares.

"Today?" Rebekah questions.

"Why not? There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the Doppelganger and be off by sunset." Klaus responds.

"But tonight's the decade dance." Rebekah insists.

"So?" Klaus asks.

"So, I'm the head of the committee. We have to go." Rebekah answers.

"I'm not going to any dance." Klaus counters.

"Caroline will be there." Rebekah re-counters.

"That means nothing to me." Klaus claims.

"Please? I have beg plans for tonight. Just go for me." Rebekah requests causing Klaus to walk over to her with a serious expression.

"Ok, fine. One last hurrah." Klaus agrees.

"One last hurrah, Nick." Rebekah grins.

(To Damon)

"Where've you been? I've been calling you all day." Damon states through the phone.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I just needed to get my head together." Rick declares.

"So I take it Rebekah got the stake." Damon says.

"I don't know. I woke up alone. There's no sign of it." Rick informs.

"Lovely. What now?" Damon asks.

"Well, I think I need to get out of town, you know, somewhere secluded. I keep blacking out, which means I'm still a threat to everyone." Rick answers.

"I don't know if right now is the best time for you to be going on a spirit quest, Rick." Damon insists causing them both to go quiet for a moment.

"You and (Y/N) got into a fight again..." Rick trails off.

"W-what would make you think that?" Damon asks causing Rick to scoff.

"What happened this time?" Rick questions causing Damon to let out a sigh.

"I practically told her to choose between me or the Originals." Damon responds. and then downs a glass of bourbon.

"Stop with the judgy silence it's suffocating." Damon points out.

"Fine. Anyways, I'll only be gone just a couple of days. I'm stocked up on Bonnie's herb, so I should be fine. I got to go." Rick specifies as he then hangs up the phone and then Rebekah walks in.

"Quite the cunning liar." Rebekah sneers.

"Well, Damon's too arrogant to think his only friend would betray him." Rick proclaims.