Chapter 44

(To Caroline)

Tyler begins to bark and Caroline begins groaning. "Caroline, let me help!" Matt pleads, but she turns to him as she continues to hold the chains.

"Get back I got it!" Caroline declares, but then Tyler jumps onto the Cell trying to bite her through the bars. "Oh! GOD!" Caroline screams as Tyler begins pouncing on the cell door and breaks one of the bars.

"Caroline, the door's not going to hold. Come on!" Matt bellows as Tyler rams into the bars once again.

"Tyler, please!" Caroline pleads, but Matt then shoots Tyler with the rifle causing him to yelp and rush away from the bars.

"Matt! No, hey, no! It's Tyler!" Caroline shouts as Matt fires off another one causing Tyler to retreat.

"It's trying to kill us!" Matt screams.

"Wait!" Caroline shouts as they look over to see Tyler lying on the ground. "He's wounded." Caroline states.

"Caroline, stay back." Matt declares.

"We can go around him." Caroline insists.

"Are you nuts?" Matt asks.

"You're not going to shoot him again, ok? Ok. Matt, take my hand." Caroline answers.

"I got it." Matt declares as he keeps his gun pointed at Tyler.

"Matt take my hand." Caroline insists causing Matt to quickly put the rifle on his arm and he takes her hand as she vamp speeds the out of there.

(To Damon)

He was looking down at his arm that already look infectious. "So that's what a Werewolf bite looks like." Katherine says.

"Yep." Damon responds.

"It's not that bad." Katherine insists.

"Will be." Damon corrects.

"So that's it? You're just... Going to die?" Katherine asks.

"Well, that depends you know anything about a cure?" Damon questions, but she shakes her head. "Me, either." Damon answers as he walks over and grabs his coat.

"145 years and no last good-bye?" Katherine asks.

"You don't get a good-bye. The girl that should be getting the good-bye is trying to save her sister." Damon answers as he goes to walk away, but Katherine vamp speeds in front of him.

"No. Don't leave mad." Katherine demands.

"Us ending up on terms isn't exactly on my bucket list, Katherine." Damon states.

"Klaus made me call Jenna to lure her out. There was nothing I could do. I didn't have a choice." Katherine declares.

"That's why I gave you the Vervain. So you had a choice." Damon insists.

"It was her or me. I chose her." Katherine informs.

"I helped you. You owed me. Now when Klaus dies, you're going to walk out of here without a scratch and (Y/N) and Elena's Aunt dies. Somehow you're the only one that wins. How'd that happen?" Damon asks.

"I didn't let love get in the way." Katherine answers.

"Enjoy eternity alone, Katherine." Damon insists as he goes to walk away.

"What are you going to do?" Katherine questions.

"I'm going to off myself as a replacement to Klaus." Damon responds.