Chapter 68

Damon and I were sitting in my room on my bed holding hands, but we didn't look at each other or speak as I stared at the floor feeling a bit anxious. "I've had no time to feed... But right now isn't the time to ask Damon." I think, but then a sudden gasp sounded out. "She's awake..." I think as I stood up causing Damon to follow suit.

"Matt is he?" Elena asks as we walk in.

"Alive?" Damon questions causing her to look over at us.

"Yeah, you stubbornly insisted for me to save him first... I'm glad Stefan came along when he did." I respond causing Elena to sigh and look over at Stefan.

"Thank you. I thought that I- How did you..." Elena trails off.

"Save you? He didn't, (Y/N) did technically." Damon points out causing her to look over at me once again with a confused expression.

"Before I saved Matt I fed you my blood just in case I didn't make it back for you in time, but Stefan came along. However... He didn't make it in time." I inform causing tears to form in her eyes.

"Oh, my God. Does- does that mean that I... Am I dead?" Elena asks causing me to roll my eyes. "No, you're a freaking cat that's now only got 8 lives left." I think with an annoyed expression as Stefan puts his head down.

"No. No, no, no! Why did you do this to me!?" Elena exclaims causing me to put on a bewildered expression and point to myself.

"I did it to save you!" I bellow causing Damon to place a hand on my shoulder.

"(Y/N)-" I look over at Damon with my Vampiristic expression showing, which inturrupts him.

"Save it, I should've expected this reaction." I state as I go to walk out of the room, but stopped as Stefan's voice cut the silence.

"Elena, I talked to Bonnie. She said she's stronger than ever. There might be something she can do to help you." Stefan insists causing me to turn to him with a confused expression.

"No, the only thing that's going to help is for you to feed and complete the transition." Damon points out causing Stefan to look over at him.

"We have all day before she has to feed, Damon. That's a day to exhaust every possible way out of this." Stefan counters.

"There is no way out of it! We all know the drill, you feed or you die. There is no door number three." Damon re-counters causing me to scoff, which makes everyone look over at me.

"You two forget, this is her choice not anyone else's. Neither of you can make it even if she has a major death wish." I jibe and then walk out of the room with an annoyed expression as I began to hear Elena sobbing, while protesting. "What a spoiled drama princess." I think as I make my way down the stairs and into the kitchen. Grabbing a cup and bourbon, I began to pour some into the cup when Damon comes into the Kitchen. "Damn, he obviously knows that I need blood." I think as I go to look away, but he smirks.

"I'll take some of that." Damon insists. "He isn't going to address it? Oh well, the alcohol will help quell it a bit." I think as I grab another cup and begin pouring some Bourbon into it.

"Way to get her hopes up for something that's never happened in the history of Vampirism." Damon remarks as I glance over to see Stefan walk into the kitchen, while I hand Damon the cup.

"I agree with Damon on this one." I add as we both begin to drink from our cups.

"Know what? Neither of you were there the day Elena looked me in the eye and told me she absolutely never wanted this." Stefan declares causing Damon to turn to him.