Chapter 59

*/ This chapter might get confusing so here's a guide cause I kind of did it switching between third person and first person.

(Y/N)- You speaking.

Y/N- Esther using you're voice to speak.

*(Y/N)*- You speaking on the inside / in mind.

Esther- Esther speaking.

(Esther)- Esther speaking on the inside / in mind.

I hope this helps and I'm sorry it's a little weird.

*/

(To Matt)

"How's Mr. Saltzman?" Matt asks as Elena walks over to him.

"Resigned to spending the night in observation, as long as I promise o change the lock on the house." Elena answers letting out a sigh.

"Have you gotten ahold of (Y/N) to inform her about the situation?" Matt questions, but Elena shakes her head slightly as they begin to walk.

"She's apparently gone missing and I already tried calling, but there was no answer." Elena responds causing Matt's eyes to widen.

"She's gone missing?!" Matt exclaims as he stops in his tracks.

""Yeah, I talked with Bonnie earlier both her and her Mom were fine... The Coffin, however was wide open. So whatever was in it is long gone along with (Y/N)." Elena explains causing them to walk again.

"Shouldn't we be trying to find her then?" Matt asks causing Elena to look away from him.

"I'm sure she's fine, this is (Y/N) we're talking about... Have you talked to Caroline?" Elena questions.

"Yeah. She's holding it together, considering how close she and her Dad used to be. Any word on who was behind all these attacks?" Matt asks.

"No. Sheriff Forbes said that there's no real suspects at all. How are you dealing with everything? I mean, you keep getting dragged into all this." Elena asks as they walk out of the Hospital.

"Honestly... I'm kind of lucky. The only thing that I have to worry about for tomorrow is showing up for my shift at the Grill." Matt answers causing Elena to turn to him.

"Thank you for everything today. Really." Elena insists.

"Get home safe and I'll keep an eye out for (Y/N) if you need me too." Matt offers.

"Thanks." Elena nods and Matt then walks away causing Elena to turn away and get into her car. Bulking up her seatbelt, Elena then waves to Matt who then drives away. Turning on her car, Elena then backs up only to then hit something. "What?" Elena questions as she quickly gets out of her car and walks over only to see nothing was there.

"Drive much?" A voice asks causing Elena to quickly turn to see who it was.

"Rebekah." Elena answer, but then in pushed up against her car.

"You drove a Dagger through my back, Elena. It hurt." Rebekah declares as she goes to sink her fangs into Elena, but she is then grabbed. Held up to the car by her neck Elena look over to see it was Elijah.

"Elijah." Rebekah whispers and he glared at her.

"Do you not remember the instructions she gave you?" Elijah questions causing Rebekah to look away from him and he lets go of her neck.

"You're pathetic, but you should be grateful to her..." Rebekah trails off as she glares over at Elena.

"Leave." Elijah instructs causing her to turn and vamp Speed away.