Chapter 72

(To Connor)

"You have any idea what I've been through? I spent the last two days chained up by an Original Vampire." Connor made known.

"So you met Klaus? I only know him by reputation. Apparently he's a real monster." Professor Shane insists.

He's a Vampire-Werewolf Hybrid. Do you know how hard it is to kill them?" Connor asks walking towards Professor Shane.

"From what I gather, you have to... Remove their head, or their heart. That is, according to lore. I'm just speculating." Professor Shane answers.

"I had to figure out how to do it on my own. I could have used some of this occult Professor knowledge of yours. But then again, you've always been slow when it comes to providing answers." Connor points out.

"We had a deal. I'll give you answers about your Hunter's mark when it's grown to completion." Professor Shane counters.

In other words, kill as many Vampires as possible." Professor Shane re-counters.

"Come on, Connor, why do you think I sent you to Mystic Falls? There's no shortage of Vampires. That town's practically infested. Listen, there's a Witch mixed up in all this. She's important to what I have planned. I want her to be kept out of harm's way." Professor Shane states as he sits down at his desk.

"Anybody gets in my way- anybody- they're dead." Connor declares as he looks down at Professor Shane.

"Ok... Sure, I'll occupy her myself. Just do what you do and the less I know about it the better." Professor Shane informs.

(To Jeremy)

He was in the back of the Grill stocking when he hears a noise causing him to slowly walk towards where he heard it from, but once he turns around Connor is there and grabs a hold of his neck.

"Do I have you're attention? Good. Then let's talk about Vampires." Connor insists.

(To Stefan)

"How did Connor escape?" Stefan asks through the phone.

"I blame mind-numbing incompetence, but pointing fingers isn't going to help me. You're going to help me." Klaus's voice rings out from the phone.

"Well, he could be anywhere now." Stefan points out.

"Think, Stefan. He took a Hybrids head, which means he wants Werewolf toxin." Klaus informs.

"Which means he plans to stay in Mystic Falls to kill Vampires." Stefan made known.

"Which is a pity. Me being on the other side of the world digging up a dead Hunter, you'll have no access to my blood and therefore the antidote. Nevertheless, his tattoo is our only map to the cure, so your task is quite simple. Find him, catch him, and above all, keep him alive. He's no good to us dead." Klaus explains.

Damon's been looking everywhere for him. If they cross paths..." Stefan trails off.

"You need to keep Damon in check." Klaus instructs.

"It would be a lot easier if I could just tell him the truth." Stefan counters.

"You trust Damon with the cure? I imagine he prefers Elena the way she is, but (Y/N) is a different story." Klaus re-counters.

"Nice try, Klaus, but I trust Damon. A hell lot more that I trust you." Stefan states.

and I trust no one, which is why my sister is lying daggered in a box. The more who find out about the Cure, the more will go after it. Nations have gone to war over less. You mark my words- you tell one soul and I will throw the Hunter's sword in the Mediterranean and we can end this quest right now. Am I understood?" Klaus questions, but Stefan then hangs up the phone.