Chapter 40

"Hello, girls. It's nice to see you both again." Isobel greets as we slowly walk over to the door, while Jenna turns to us.

"Again?" Jenna questions leaving Elena and I speechless. "Why the hell is Isobel here?!" I wonder as I glare over at her.

"So you're the woman who's dating my husband. I need to speak to Elena and (Y/N). May I come in?" Isobel asks.

"N-n- no." Elena stutters.

"Don't let her in." I state causing them all to turn to me.

"I need to talk to both of you." Isobel insists.

"Too bad!" I shout as I slam the door in her face. I turn back to see Jenna with tears forming in her eyes.

"You both knew she was still alive? Jenna asks as she turns to Elena as the tears begin falling down her face. "Oh shit... Jenna thought she was dead, right." I think as I look over at Elena, but she's speechless.

"Jenna-"

"Rick? John? Do they know?" Jenna asks turning to me, while cutting me off.

"I can explain everything, Jenna." Elena answers.

"No." Jenna insists as she walks away causing Elena to rush after her as tears begin to rush down her face. "I definitely missed something..." I think as I let out a sigh. I go back to my room only to see no trace of Damon and I sit on my bed feeling a massive sense of dread. "Damon probably went after Isobel... Damn I hate that woman." I think as I lay back on my bed looking up at the ceiling.

(To Damon)

"Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep." Damon says as he and Stefan walk down the stairs of their house.

"What's she doing here?" Stefan asks.

"I don't know. I was gonna chase her down, but she was gone as soon as (Y/N) slammed the door in her face." Damon answers.

"Well, I'm gonna go find out then." Stefan states as then make it down the steps only to see Katherine standing in there way.

"I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here." Katherine insists.

"What? Why?" Stefan asks.

"It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb." Katherine answers.

"You're the one in cahoots with them. You made a deal with John that almost got me killed." Damon declares.

"I did what I had to do to get out of the tomb. Now I'm reconsidering my alliance." Katherine insists as she turns around going to walk away.

"What do you know?" Stefan asks causing her to stop and turn to them.

"I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you. Besides, if you two ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the less people know that I'm here the better. Think about it, Stefan. Come on. Be smart." Katherine explains.

"Tell you what. You two, uh... Call Alaric and let him know that his wife's just showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep." Stefan clicks as he then walks out the front door.

(To me)

I was sitting on the couch drinking coffee when there's a knock on the front door. "I swear if it's that bitch again..." I think as I walk over and open the door to see Rick.

"Hey. Is she up yet?" Rick asks walking into the house and I shake my head.

"Nope, she won't come out of her room." I answer as Elena walks down the steps to see Rick and he turns to her.