Chapter 63

(To me)

Elena and I were walking up to Rick's apartment, while I was holding my (Favorite Coffee) mixed with a blood from a blood bag in one hand and in the other, another coffee, which was kind of the same, but it also had Bourbon added to it. "Come to think of it... I don't believe me and Elena's actually had a conversation since I turned." I think as we walk over to Rick's door and Elena knocks on it.

"Morning, Firecracker." Damon greets opening the door causing me to smile.

"Good morning, and here you are." I smiled as I handed him the Coffee in my other hand.

"With Bourbon?" Damon asks and I before I could respond Elena popped into the conversation.

"How's Alaric?" Elena questions as she goes to walk in.

"Indecent, but fine." Damon responds blocking the way causing me to let out a sigh, but I then take a sip of my coffee.

"So then does that mean there were no issues last night?" Elena asks.

"Nope. I mean other then I had a little bit of a rough time sleeping without my cuddle buddy..." Damon trails off with a wink over at me and I about spit out my coffee. "Come on, Damon. Really?!" I think as I slightly shake my head.

"I woke up Alaric. No headlines about dead council members." Damon states, but Elena narrows her eyes at him.

"Then why do I feel like you're hiding something from me?" Elena questions.

"Well, maybe because you're being all paranoid and control freak-y. Ooh what you bring me?" Damon questions as he grabs the bag Elena had in her hand.

"Hey-"

"Chocolate muffins. You know what they say the way to a psycho killer's heart is through his stomach." Damon jibed as he interrupted her.

"Damon-"

"They're not for you." Elena declares as she interrupted me causing me to roll my eyes.

"They can at least share them, Elena." I point out, but she grabs the bag back from Damon.

"Fine. Keep convincing yourself that you're still pissed off, but as you can see my (Y/N) is already perfectly adjusted." Damon insists as he reached for my hand and brought it to his lips, gently placing a kiss upon it. "I'm not perfectly adjusted, but I'm getting there." I think as he brings it down, but interlocks his hand with mine.

"I'm not pissed off..." Elena trails off as she glances down at our hands.

"Sadly Rick's gonna have to pass on Elena time today. You know, lockdown and all." Damon informs causing Elena to scoff.

"Just take it, give it to him and tell him that I miss him!" Elena demands as she begins walking off in a huff.

"With pleasure!" Damon calls out causing me to put a hand over my mouth to keep me from bursting into laughter.

"The look on her face was priceless." I whisper with a slight chuckle, but Damon then pulls me in and gives me a small peck on the cheek.

"Have a greet day." Damon insists and I nod.

"You too... Also please don't try and kill each other, please." I remind as I look up at him.

"I promise, I won't kill Rick. Unless he try-"

Damon, no." I interrupt him causing him to sigh.

"Okay, fine. I won't." Damon declares and I smile.

"Thank you." I say as I placed a kiss on his cheek as well and began to walk away. "He's hiding something..." I think as I glance back at the closed door.