t w o

KATHERINE

Shit.

I wake up and my head is spinning, we drank way more then needed. I look around the room and see we're still in Kai and Tom's dorm, Kai sleeping on his bed cuddled up with Rox, Blaise and Draco sleeping the floor their backs to each other. Me and Tom laying on his bed. I sit up and make my way to the washroom.

I pull down my shorts down and sit onto the toilet. Once I'm done in the washroom I finish washing up my hands and make my way back to the dorm. I crawl back into bed trying not to wake anyone, especially Tom since he's more of a night owl.

Tom groans and turns around to lay on me, his arms wrapped around me as his head rests on my stomach, his legs between mine. I look down at him as I play with his hair.

He's been more distant lately but I don't want to assume anything, I think he's just having a hard time with his father. Considering they were planning something evil. He doesn't want me to talk about his father mostly, other than our other friends, he doesn't mind as much when they talk about his father.

He thinks that if he informs his father about me that he would recruit me, I'm sure he's heard about us by now considering we've been dating for almost a year.

I'm sure that he's just distant because of his father, I'd hate to assume to worst and find out that it was completely wrong. I move my head and place a kiss on his head then laying down to sleep again.

(9 days later)

Me and Rox walk to potions class, her rambling on about something with her and Kai, while I'm lost in my own thoughts. Thinking about Tom and this new girl, Amara, ever since she came 2 weeks ago they've been getting close.

She was really pretty, maybe that's why Tom's hanging out with her? Because she's prettier? Or thinner? What the fuck am I saying? I'm beautiful, it's fine.

I'm pretty sure Dumbledore put Tom in charge of showing her around the school, but lately it's been more than that. 2 days ago Pansy Parkinson told me that she'd seen Tom and Amara running hand in hand across the courtyard, laughing and smiling.

Me and Tom have barely talked, he didn't even show up to the group hangout yesterday, even though it was his dorm.

"Kat?" Rox asks waving her hand in front of my face making me snap out of my trance.

"Huh what? Sorry." I say.

"What's got you so messed up?"

"Nothing." I say walking to potions but she stops me.

"I'm your best friend, I know when somethings up. So tell me what it is before I make the Weasley twins put Veritaserum into your drink during dinner."

"Fuck you and your Weasley twin obsession. But fine, we'll talk later on." She nods.

"For the record, I'm not obsessed I just enjoy their presence."

"Please don't forget your dating Kai." I say to her laughing.

"Never."

"Good, because even if you're my best friend I'd still hex you if you dare hurt Kai." I smile making her scoff but laugh.

We get to potions and walk in, Slughorn turns around and looks at us.

"Nice of you to join us ladies, please stand with your house. Now who can tell me what this potion is?" We go over to the Slytherins and stand beside Draco, Blaise, and Kai. Tom's not in here, neither is Amara.

The door opens once again to reveal Potter and Weasley.

Slughorn turns around. "Ah Harry my boy, I was beginning to worry, brought someone with us I see."

"Ron Weasley sir." The redhead smiles, catching the attention of Lavender Brown I think her name is? Hermione giving her the death stare, making me and Rox snicker.

Someone's jealous,  I thought.

"I'm dead awful at potions, a menace actually so I'm probably just gon-" he gets cut off by Potter nudging his back.

"Nonsense, we'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry is a friend of mine, get your books out."

"Sorry sir," Harry interrupts. "I haven't actually got my book yet nor has Ron."

"Not to worry get what you want from the cupboard, now as I was saying I prepared some concoctions this morning, any ideas what these might be?" He asks.

Kai's sister raises her hand immediately.

"Yes Miss..?." Slughorn says.

"Granger sir," me and Rox snort.

She walks up to the cauldrons. "That one there is Veritaserum, it's a truth telling serum and that one.." I couldn't hear the rest because Potter and Weasley were fighting over the books, I think?

I look over and see Potter smack Weasleys book with his own, I roll my eyes and look at the floor, still paying attention though.

"And this is Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world." Almost all the girls snap their heads up. Me and Rox look at each other and both roll our eyes.

"It's rumoured to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them, for example I smell." She leans forward and smells it.

"Freshly mown grass and new parchment and spearmint..toothpaste." She lowly gasps and walks back to her seat.

All the girls slowly start to walk over to the cauldron that Granger was just at, trying to smell it but Slughorn closes it making them look around as nothing happened.