t h i r t y ~ s e v e n

KATHERINE
(next year)
(after winter break)

I put my bags over top of our seats and sit down in beside Rox on the aisle, the guys in front of us. The boys get caught up in their own conversations, same for me and Rox. Rox eventually get tired halfway through the ride and lays down on my shoulder, trying to get sleep before we reach Hogwarts.

Our last year there.

Almost everyone falls asleep but I stay awake, I slide my hands into my gloves and hold my knife. The demon told me if I wanted to hold the knife without her getting summoned into my body I need to wear thick gloves, it's been around a year since I first got the knife.

Voldemort thought it'd be best to stay low for a while, with the ministry of magic getting suspicious. But this year is the year, the year that we rise as he puts it. The year where we're raiding Hogwarts.

I quickly put the knife in my pocket, hearing footsteps. I close my eyes pretending to be asleep but a hand shakes me. I open my eyes and look up to see Tom.

"Come with me," he whispers.

"What do you want?" I whisper back.

"Just come with me." He walks to the bathroom.

I move Rox so she's laying on the window and follow Tom, I see everyone sleeping on each other. He waits for me to get in before closing the door and locking it.

"What do you want?" I ask sitting on the sink.

"To talk." He leans against the wall in front of me.

"About?"

"Us."

"There's no 'us' anymore, Tom."

"Okay, but can I just apologize?"

"You're not supposed to ask to apologize." We both laugh.

"You know I'm not good at this stuff."

"Yeah, I know."

"Anyways, I just really want to say sorry. I might of said it before but I just thought I needed to, it wasn't until I lost the whole friend group until I realized what I lost. Not only did I lose the best girlfriend anyone could ask for but the best friend group. I lost everyone who ever believed in me, the only people who liked me for me. Now I only have my brother and the thirsty girls who throw themselves at me."

"You have Amara."

"I never did and never wanted to have her, it was in the moment and I was just a honey boy. Instead of asking you I went to someone else, who in fact was not as good as you," I stop him.

"Really Tom?" I chuckle.

"I'm not lying," he shrugs. 

"You said you would leave me alone, remember that?"

"I know, I know but I can't. I still love you, always will."

"You're so cheesy." I laugh.

"Can I kiss you?" I stop laughing.

"W-what?"

"Can I kiss you?" He looks at my lips, I look at his then back at his eyes.

"Kiss?"

"That's what I said isn't it?" He comes closer to me. He holds my hips as our chests are touching.

"One?"

"One." He agrees then crashes his lips onto mine.