t w e n t y ~ o n e

KATHERINE

I lay down in bed, Rox already sleeping. I look beside me at my clock, 2:47am, I look back up at the ceiling. I close my eyes and I'm back in the dark room.

I walk up to the table and sit down on one of the chairs, I pick up the quill. Re-reading the paper before denying his offer.

have you made up your mind?

I sigh as I dip the quill into the ink, hovering it over the paper.

Yes.

Almost immediately writing starts to appear as my writing disappears.

and that is? and really think about it Katherine, about how strong you could be. no man would ever dare to cross you again.

I've made up my mind already.

and is it a yes or no?

A faint sound starts to ring in my ear, slowly the ringing turns into light music. That's when I hear a voice.

Do it Katherine.

This is your chance, take it.

It practically screams at me, I look down at my hand, not being able to move it. I try to move it but it won't budge whatsoever.

I close my eyes trying to get back out of the dream but I can't, this voice keeps saying things. For me to take this chance, that's it's my only chance.

"Stop." I mutter to the voices. But they won't stop.

"Stop." I say louder, yet they're still there.

"Stop!" I yell, a ear-piercing scream followed by it.

Glass shatters from every glass in the corners, all the plates shatter, then the voices finally stop. I stop screaming as I look at the paper.

Yes.

yes what?

I'm getting it, when can I?

that's what I like to hear, I'll send someone to get you sometime tomorrow, and we can do it here.

Where's here?

you'll see

That's when I wake up, holding my chest as I sit up, my breathing completely unsteady.

"You okay?" I hear a tired Rox.

"Uh, yeah, just a nightmare." I say.

"Oh okay." She says before going back to sleep.

I said yes..what the heck happened? I was going to write no, I think to myself.

(tomorrow night)

"Hey Nev?" I say sitting beside Longbottom.

I wasn't able to sleep all night whatsoever.

"Oh hi Katherine." He smiles.

"Do you have anymore weed left?" I whisper.

"I have a little, but it'll only be enough for one person."

"Yeah that's fine, it's just for me."

"Alright here you go."

"How much?"

"It's okay, on me." He smiles.

"Thank you Nev." I smile back hugging him.

"I'll see you around." I say and he nods before going back to his food.

I go back to my dorm and roll up the weed into a joint, smoking it on the window ledge. That's when I hear a whoosh sound, I look back and see a man in my room.

"Who are you?" I ask pointing my wand at him.

"Lord Voldemort sent me, are you ready?"

"Ready for what?"

"To go, you will need to get the mark."

"Oh, yeah I'm ready." I say putting out my joint before going to the man.

"Hold my arm." I slowly hold onto his arm before he apperates us.

I feel everything change, then we end up in the same room as my dream, only full of people.