t w e n t y ~ e i g h t

KATHERINE

I storm out of the room of requirement and make my way to the dungeons, I say the password and enter the common room. I run up the stairs and reach Tom's dorm, I open the door and slam it shut.

I see him washing his hands before turning around, he looks at me and rolls his eyes then goes back to washing, what I assume is blood, off of his hands. I look beside me and see bloody holes in the wall, of course he punched the walls.

I walk up to him and grab his shirt from the back, I drag him to his bed and make him sit.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I yell at him.

"What? Are you mad I hit your little blonde boyfriend?" He pouts.

"He's not my boyfriend, but why? Why would you hit him?"

"Don't worry about it," he says getting up and hovering over me from our height difference.

"Just tell me Tom! You have no right to hit him!" I yell.

"You really want to know!?"

"Yes!"

"I hit him because he let you get the dark mark!  What type of friend is he if he let you go to the dark fucking lord?!"

"You can blame Draco for my actions! I did it! By my own choice!"

"No you didn't! That's the thing Kat, you said that some type of trance took over your mind and that's what made you agree, you said you were going to not do it but the trance made you do it! So it actually wasn't your own actions!"

"Yeah I might of said that, but even if they weren't my actions and they were the trances actions it doesn't come anywhere near Draco! So you still don't have the right to hit him." I say shoving a finger in his chest.

"I guess I just needed to 'blow off some steam' as you put it," he says.

"On Draco?" He nods.

"I fucking hate you Tom."

"Feelings mutual Katherine," he says going back to the washroom. I storm out of the room and walk to mine, I don't even bother changing my clothes before laying on my bed. I turn on my side and I can feel a tear drip down my face.

Why did it turn out like this?

Why me?

I keep thinking, but eventually I try to push the thoughts away and fall asleep.

(next week)

"Hey Nev," I smile sitting beside him at the black lake.

"Hi Katherine," he smiles back.

"Can I stay with you for a bit?" He nods and I lay my head on his shoulder.

"Thank you."

"Anytime," he chuckles.

"Why are you so kind to me? You hate all Slytherins."

"I'm not sure to be honest, but you just never bullied me like your friends did," he sighs.

"Yeah sorry about them, Draco has a reputation to hold up."

"It's alright, can I trust you with something?" He asks.

"Yeah of course," I say sitting in front of him.

"Promise me you won't tell anyone." He holds his pinkie out.

"I promise," I smile wrapping my pinkie around his.

"I like someone.."

"Oh Merlin! Who!?"

"You know him," my eyes widen.

"Him!? Awe Neville," I smile.

"Who is this mystery guy?"

"One of your best friends.."

"Obviously not Draco," I think. "Could never be Tom, Kai doesn't seem like your type, WAIT! Is it Blaise!?"

"Yes.."

"Neville! You guys would look so good together!"

"Isn't he straight though? And even if he was gay why would he date me?"

"Stop doubting yourself," I say.

"Any guy would be lucky to have you," an ear-to-ear smile spreads across his face.

"And I can ask him if he likes guys," his eyes widen.

"Just don't say my name until you know for sure," I nod.