t w e n t y ~ t w o

KATHERINE

I see the table full of people, all looking sad, wearing all black. Then Voldemort at the head of the table, Harry had told his friends what he looks like and word for around so almost everyone knows what he looks like.

"Ah you've made it." He speaks making the people's head look up at me, that's when I spot a certain blonde.

Shit, he's not supposed to be here.

"Katherine?" Draco asks.

"You know her?" Voldemort asks him.

"Uh yes my Lord, shes my uh, best friend." He speaks, clearly scared for his life.

"Perfect, anyway has she told you the news?" He asks, looking like a 14 listening to gossip about the newest couple in school.

"No. My Lord." He quickly adds.

"Would you like to tell him Katherine?" I stare at Draco, his face full of disappointment.

"Uh, I'm get-getting the mark Draco." I sigh, not looking at him. That's when the same ringing sound is back in my ears.

"What!" He yells.

"You are not to yell!" Voldemort yells at him.

"Sorry my Lord." He apologizes immediately.

"Come on Katherine, give me your arm."

As if I was in another trance I walk up to him, giving him my left arm. He grabs my arm with a firm grip, a small wince coming from my mouth but not loud enough for anyone to hear.

I look over at Draco as Voldemort brings his wand up to my forearm, he presses it down and mutters some words. That's when I feel a very sharp pain.

One of the worst I've ever felt, the same ear-piercing scream emerged from my mouth. He removes his wand and lets go of my arm but the pain doesn't stop. I fall down on my knees as I close my eyes, holding my arm as it feels like I'm being burned alive.

I open my eyes and look at my forearm, seeing a skull start to form, followed by a snake coming out of the mouth. A scream full of agony leaves my mouth, I look over at Draco to see him being held back to his chair by his father.

The pain slowly eases, I look down at my arm to see the whole mark, a tear falls onto the mark. That's when the trance that I had been in leaves, I look down at the mark not remembering giving him my arm.

"Well, you are clearly very strong." Voldemort points out.

"What?" I ask, trying to stand up without touching my left arm.

"Most people pass out while getting the mark, you are one out of three to not faint."

"Who are the other two?"

"My sons, but I presume you already know them." He smirks.

"Yes I do." I say.

"You are now to address me by 'My Lord'."

"Yes my Lord," I say mentally rolling my eyes.

"You may go back, take Draco with you." The same man comes back and apperates me and Draco back to my dorm.

He stares at me as I put on a sweater to cover the mark.

"Why? What on Earth made you do this Kat?" He asks.

"I-I don't know, I started getting these weird visions after Tom cheated. I was somehow communicating with Voldemort himself but I just couldn't see him. We were writing on a wall with blood. Then they stopped for a while but came again, only a different vision. This one was in the room we were just in, only empty with a parchment and quill, he was waiting for my answer. I was about to tell him that I wasn't going to get it, but something came over me. It's like someone was in my mind, telling me to do it." I say in one breath.

"First of all breath Kat." He says, taking deep breaths with me.

"Second of all, why didn't you tell me?"

"I just knew you were going to say something to him and you'd get in real mad trouble."

"I'd take the consequences then let you get the fucking dark mark." He says.

"I'm sorry okay? I didn't know you'd be there."

"So if I wasn't there you wouldn't tell me?"

"I would, eventually." I say.

"Whatever, go to sleep." He says.

"Wait."

"What?"

"Are you mad?" I ask.

"Come here." I go up to him and he wraps his arms around me.

"I'm a little mad, but your my bestfriend, and what's done is done so just go to sleep. We'll talk in the morning." I nod and he leaves.