t w e n t y ~ t h r e e

DRACO

I quickly open and close the door, careful to not wake up Blaise. I walk to the girls dormitories and knock on Katherines door. I wait a minute or two and she doesn't answer, I take out my wand and whisper the unlocking spell.

I hear the lock click and I open the door to see both Rox and Kat sleeping like babies, cuddling on Kat's bed.

I slowly make my way over to the side that Kat's laying on and tap her shoulder, she moves but doesn't wake up.

I tap her shoulder harder but she doesn't wake up still, I roll my eyes and slap her head. Then she finally jumps up getting ready to punch me but I grab her fist just in time.

"Who is it?"

"It's Draco dumbass. Now wake up, I want to go see something." I say.

"I was trying to sleep." She groans getting up.

"Obviously, but I want to try something and I need you for it." I whisper to her.

"Okay." She says starting to walk out the room.

"You can at least put on some joggers." I say. She looks down to see a sweater and underwear.

"Oh shit, pass me them." I throw her a pair of black pants.

We leave the dungeons and start walking down the corridors, making sure we don't get caught by Mrs.Norris or Filch. I hold her hand as we run down the rest of the halls, I use my wand and unlock the library door then walk over to the restricted area.

I roam the shelves trying to find something on dark magic. I stop at a book titled Secret of the Dark Arts, I take it from the shelve and put it on the table. I open up the book and look through all the pages as Katherine sits on the table.

"Don't fall asleep." I say.

"I won't, now you want to tell me why you woke me up so late?"

"I want to see if I can try to find anything on the dark mark and if there's a way to reverse it." I say still looking through the pages.

"Why didn't you check this when you got it?"

"Because I was forced into this, I didn't have a choice I had to get it for my parents sake, you didn't."

"Are you mad?"

"A little bit like I said, it's done, let's just see if there's a spell to undo it."

"Alright," she says looking for other books about dark magic.

"There's nothing in here." I sigh.

"Let me see," she takes the book and starts turning the pages.

"Yup there's nothing in here, it doesn't matter anyway, I choose to get it and it can't be reversed because he created this himself." She says

"Wait..didn't you say that some type of trance came over you? That made you say yes to getting it?"

"Yeah, you think it was him that made me do it?"

"Maybe? Let's go back before we get caught." We leave the library after booking the book back.

(next day, still Draco's pov)

I look over at Tom as he's actually paying attention to Slughorn for once, I wonder if he knows about Kat getting the mark, or if Marcus even knows. He stops writing in his book and looks over at me, he looks beside me at Kat and smirks at her.

Kat then looks at him to and sarcastically smirks while flipping him off, he holds back a small laugh before going back to his notes.

"I'm going to fucking kill him." Kat whispers.

"I feel the same way, we'll do it together." We laugh.

"Something funny?" Slughorn asks.

"Well..that's what laughings for right?" I ask.

"Mind sharing with the rest of us?"

"Just plotting some good old murder." Kat smiles, Slughorn just nods and goes back to the potions.