t h r i t y ~ f o u r

KATHERINE

I walk into the common room and make my way upstairs but before I can reach the stairs I bump into someone. I look up and see Tom, he looks down at me and he's about to walk past me but he widens his eyes as he stares my body down.

He steps back and looks at the blood that's all over me.

"What?" I ask.

"Why the fuck are you covered in blood?"

"Murder," I shrug.

"But that was a few days ago," he says.

"Who said this one was Yaxley?"

"You killed someone else?"

"Yeah, now if you excuse me, I need to clean this blood off before my friends wake up." I push past him as he stands there.

(morning)

As I'm walking to my next class I get pulled into a classroom, I roll my eyes.

"Tom I swear to Merlin-" the lights turn on and I see Draco.

"Not Tom," he says.

"Oh, what's wrong?"

"Tom told me about how he saw you last night," he says fixing his suit.

"Oh, yeah," I say leaning against the door.

"You killed another person?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"I don't know, I just wanted to," I shrug.

"Katherine, why would you want to kill a man willingly? Your not a murderer," he says.

"So what if I am? What are you going to do?"

"Kat? Why are you talking like that?"

"I'm not sure, but I'm not a murderer, I just liked the feeling of stabbing a knife through their skin."

"That's murderer talk," he says.

"Just promise me you won't kill anyone else."

"I won't, unless I get tasked to."

"I-I mean..I guess that'll work because he'll kill you if you don't do it," he rambles.

"Yeah," I say and then we leave together.

(a month later)

"Katherine, you have proved yourself my most loyal follower," Voldemort praises.

"H-how my lord? I've killed over ten men and women, I should be the most loyal follower you have!" Bellatrix yells.

"You are not to yell!" He yells making her sit back in her chair.

"You have come in close second Bella," he says.

"So this..child, is first?" Dolohov asks.

"Correct."

"How? As Bella said, she's killed over ten people within the month," Dolohov says.

"Sure Bella has killed over ten people within the month, but Katherine over here has killed over 15 people within the week," he says.

"What?" Draco says.

"Did she not tell you?" Voldemort smirks.

"She's been killing people by request, she said she enjoys the feeling of killing. And she's always completed it within 48 hours," he says.

"Kat? You said you'd stop unless he tasked it to you," Draco whispers, leaning over to me.

"Yeah I did, but you're not in charge of me and I can make my own decisions," I whisper back.

"I don't know who you are anymore," he says.

"I'm not sure if I even know who I am anymore," I say.

(later)

I apperate back to Hogwarts and go straight to my room, not wanting to see anyone. I change into a black sweatshirt with matching sweatpants, I lay down in bed for a bit. Then the door opens and Rox comes in, I close my eyes pretending to be asleep.

"Kat?" She whispers.

"Kat, you awake?" She stays quiet for a second before getting into bed herself.

A few minutes pass by and I hear her start to snore, I slowly get out of bed and leave the dorm, leaving the common room and out the dungeons.