[ 11 ] false hope

FALSE HOPE

ASPEN and Allison had taken their seats on the bleachers when the strawberry blonde bombshell arrived. Aspen could honestly say she didn't expect her to show, or at least, to sit with them.

"Allison!" the Martin girl said enthusiastically, before her eyes set on the other brunette in the seat next to her. "Aspen." she greeted, not so enthusiastically.

"Hey." Aspen replied, tugging her lips into a half-hearted smile. Lydia took a seat on the other side of Allison, the two of them talked while Aspen sat there on her phone, trying to be as least awkward as she could. She hadn't been checking her messages frequently enough apparently, because only now did she find a text from Scott that she most likely should've seen sooner.

SCOTT: Allison's dad is a hunter, tried to kill me.

Well that was blunt and straight to the point, Aspen thought.

It was pointless texting back because not only was the message from two days ago, but she could also see Scott gearing up for the game.

But she had so many questions. Does Allison know about werewolves? Is she some undercover huntress that secretly wants to kill Scott?

Aspen shook those thoughts off, Allison had become such a good friend of hers in the matter of a week, she was too kind, too pure, to be something like that. Besides, Aspen sees the way her face lights up when she talks about Scott, and when she looks at him. Theres no way she could be faking that.

She would know.

The game commenced, and so far Scott hadn't caught a single ball, which was odd seeing how he was at practices.

"Which one is Scott again?" said the Argent girl.

"He's number 11." Aspen replied, pointing to where Scott was on the field.

"A.K.A the only one who hasn't caught a single ball this entire game." Lydia mocked.

"Is that really necessary?" Aspen sighed, hiding the spite in her tone.

"Merely stating the facts here." was Lydia's response.

"I hope he's okay." said Allison, making Aspen smile at how much she already showed concern for Scott.

"I hope we're okay. We have to win this." Lydia retorted, turning Aspen's smile into a scowl once again. "Allison." Lydia said, picking up what looked like a support sign, though Aspen couldn't make out the words on it from the angle she was seeing it from. But once Allison, reluctantly, helped with picking it up, Aspen could read it clearly.

We luv you Jackson.

Aspen giggled at how miserable Allison looked holding the thing.

They continued to watch the game, which seemed to get weirder and weirder. Once Scott was actually receiving passes, Aspen's face lit up with pride, and once she realised Lydia's efforts of excluding her were working, she bailed and went to sit with someone who wouldn't.

She ran down the bleachers to sit on the bench which is typically reserved for players, but Coach Finstock had just grown accustomed to the fact that Aspen Carter pretty much has a reserved seat on it.

"Scott's making quite the comeback, huh." she said as she sat herself beside Stiles.

"Look who came crawling back." Stiles smirked, referring back to their conversation earlier.

"Get over yourself." She joked, smiling at him.

"Well, we might actually win this thing."