[ 15 ] you owe me twenty bucks

you owe me twenty bucks

STILES couldn't believe what he was seeing, nor could he identify the feeling that washed over him as he locked eyes with his best friend. He saw Jackson Whittemore leave an empty classroom, looking ever so suspicious, only to see Aspen Carter follow suit twenty seconds later. Didn't take a genius to put two and two together and assume the obvious.

And then there was the lunch table fiasco. Stiles saw her holding his hand.

He didn't know what to think of it all. He had assumed that Aspen had a thing for Jackson, hell, he even teased about it relentlessly, but there was a small part of him that didn't believe it, or at least hoped he was wrong. He despised Jackson Whittemore.

On Aspen's end of the stare, for some reason she felt guilty. She felt guilty because she knows what Stiles was thinking. She had nothing to feel guilty for, nothing happened with Jackson in that classroom, but she still felt it. She was prepared to run over there and explain how nothing happened, but why should she? She had absolutely no reason to feel guilty when nothing happened.

"Aspen!" said a peculiarly perky voice, making the brunette peel her eyes away from the boy she loved. "Can I have a quick word?" the Martin girl continued. She hadn't brought her usual possy, Jackson wasn't with her, obviously, so it was just the two of them in a hallway that was slowly emptying out.

"Whats up, your highness." Aspen said sarcastically, raising her brows at the strawberry blonde.

"I'm going to keep this short and sweet, okay?" said Lydia, flicking her perfectly curled locks behind her shoulders.

"Short? I'm sure. Sweet? Give me your best shot."

"Keep your unmanicured paws off of my boyfriend." Lydia said, sounding like a threat. Aspen couldn't help but laugh internally. What she wanted to say was 'why don't you tell your all-star boyfriend to keep his paws off of me?', but she didn't.

"Sure." Aspen deadpanned. "Anything else I can do for you, ma'am?"

"Entitled bitch." Lydia muttered under her breath. The brunette couldn't hold back her cackle.

"Me? I'm the entitled bitch?" she defended herself. "Lydia Martin, you are the poster child for entitled bitch! You roam these halls with a fucking iron fist, you're the self proclaimed queen of Beacon Hills High, you have pretty much every single guy in the school pining after you, even ones you definitely don't deserve, by the way. You look down on girls like me who don't own a Chanel handbag or Versace heels. You look down on the people who aren't as popular as you. You look down on someone who thinks the entire world of you and hell, you don't even bother to learn his name!" Aspen finally snapped.

"I don't have time for your melodramatics." Lydia sighed.

"No, I'm not done." Aspen hissed. "You think you're so superior to everyone? To me? Yet you're still concerned of where your boyfriend's attention lies, because it's not on you."

Lydia stayed silent, and Aspen immediately felt horrible for the way she had just snapped. Sure, she meant every single word, but she felt bad for the way it had come out. She let out a sigh and waited for Lydia to say something. But she didn't.

"I'm sorry." Aspen whispered. "I didn't mean for all of that to come out the way it did. Maybe just keep the 'entitled bitch' comments to yourself next time." and with that, Aspen walked away without another word. Only then did she realise what a complete fuck-up she had just made.

Stiles was still there, standing on the other side of the hallway, watching the whole thing.

...