[ 52 ] of course I'm going to worry about you

OF COURSE I'M GOING TO WORRY ABOUT YOU

"I'VE got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson

"I'VE got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles. His Jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means..." sheriff Stilinski murmured defeatedly to Scott, Isaac and Aspen.

"I don't know what that means..." he added in a sigh. "Um, look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if either one of you see him-"

"You'll be the first person we call." Aspen whispered, also in defeat.

The fact that Stiles was nowhere to be found was making her feel like the ground beneath her was shifting.

"She's right, we'll call you." said Isaac in a soft, comforting voice.

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something." Scott suggested, "We'll find him."

"Yeah..." said Noah, "I'll see you, okay?"

The three teenagers nodded at the man as he left the locker room, Isaac and Scott were drawn to the immense worry that Aspen was radiating.

"Hey." Isaac nudged her arm as her gaze was locked on the ground. "He'll be fine."

Aspen lifted her head up, and the two werewolves were suddenly aware of the red rims around her eyes.

She was on the verge of crying, just like the sherif was.

"Do you really believe that?" her question came out as a weak whisper as she looked up at the Lahey boy who towered over her in height.

Isaac waited a short moment before nodding his head at her, and then he surprised her by wrapping his muscular arms around her small frame.

She found a weird amount of comfort in the action, considering this was the same boy who had tried to kill her not long ago.

"I don't know what I'd do if something happened to him..." she whispered as Isaac hugged her.

"Asp," said Scott as Isaac released her, "we'll find him."

Then Coach Finstock approached, looking like he was actually about to be sincere for once.

"McCall... We need you on the team, okay?" said coach, "You know I can't put you on the field next season if you don't get your grades up."

"Yeah, I know, Coach..."

"All right. I mean, I-I know I yell a lot, but it's not like I hate you guys." Coach shrugged, "Well, I kind of hate Greenberg, but, you know... that's different. It's Greenberg..."

That managed to get Aspen to chuckle.

"I'm just saying, we- I need you on the team. Get your grades back up."