[ 17 ] confrontation

CONFRONTATION

ALLISON dropped the Carter girl back home, and Aspen only wanted to do one thing as she made her way to her bedroom

ALLISON dropped the Carter girl back home, and Aspen only wanted to do one thing as she made her way to her bedroom. One thing she couldn't do.

She wanted to talk to her brother.

Ace had a girl he loved, a girl he would never stop talking about. A girl who he claimed he wanted to put a ring on her finger.

Ace Carter was in love, just like his sister. The Carter siblings used to talk to each other all the time, trying to give eachother advice. Ace would ask Aspen what a girl would like to receive as a present, and Aspen would ask Ace what guys look for in a girl.

The funny part was is that their situations were identical.

The girl Ace loved didn't love him back. Apparently she loved someone else. Didn't put Ace off though, he's a Carter after all.

"I really wish you were here right now." She whispered as her eyes locked on Ace's bedroom door. It was the closest thing she could get to talking to him.

"I wish you were here so I could talk to you about this." she continued, feeling her eyes glaze over with tears that threatened to spill.

"I wish you were here so you could talk to me about Paige."

The thought of Ace caused other thoughts to creep in, thoughts she'd been pushing away all day.

I'll be back when it's safe.

She saw his body, she saw him get buried. Her brother is dead, he won't 'be back when it's safe'.

In attempt to shift from one painful thought to another, she decided to finally listen to her voicemails.

"Aspen? Hey, it's me again, Stiles. But I'm sure you know that, you have caller ID... so I assume you're not picking up your phone because it's me... and you're mad at me, which you have fully right to be. Uhh, I guess I'm just calling to say I'm sorry, again. If you ever listen to his then you've probably listened to the other seventeen messages I've left so... sorry for clogging up your voicemail. I'm sorry, Asp. It was a dick move on my part and... just call me when you get this, please?"

Aspen's heart shattered as she finally listened to Stiles' messages, all eighteen of them. She knew she was going to have to see him tomorrow, she knew they were going to have to talk.

And that knowledge kept her up all night. She didn't get a single ounce of sleep.

...