[ 24 ] she's strong

SHE'S STRONG

"YOU know what? For once, Jackson, I agree with you!" Stiles yelled at the Whittemore boy who was hovering over the other side of Aspen's limp body. "We haven't got a fucking clue what happened to her, but she's not dead. So you're right about one thing."

Everyone in that classroom were scared shitless. Not long ago, Scott had come rushing in, holding the brunette's unconscious body in his arms. Stiles could've sworn he felt a physical pain in his chest at the sight.

After delivering Aspen in such a state though, Scott was soon to take off again. Stiles understood why, he was trying to deal with the alpha in the only way he could. Aspen, had she been conscious, would've understood too.

But Jackson, Lydia, and Allison were beyond baffled as to why the McCall boy wouldn't stick around.

"Asp..." Stiles whispered over her unconscious body. "Asp, come back to me, come on."

Jackson had so much he wanted to say, but was conscious of the fact his yet-to-be-broken-up-with girlfriend was watching his every move.

"Stiles." Jackson said in almost a warning tone. Stiles didn't bless him with a reply, so he continued. "She'll be okay, whatever happened to her, she's strong."

Stiles was taken aback by how genuine he sounded.

"Jackson's right." the Argent girl spoke as she stared at the unconscious brunette with concern and hope at the same time. "It's Aspen, she'll be okay." her voice shook.

Stiles processed his words and for once, appreciated something that came out of his mouth. Jackson Whittemore was a total ass to anyone and everyone, except her.

He hated to admit it, but Jackson was actually helping.

Moments later, the brunette's eyes slowly flickered open. The first pair of eyes she met were the hazel teary ones belonging to Stiles.

"Stiles?" Aspen's voice came out as merely a whisper.

"I'm here." he replied. "Its okay, you're okay."

Aspen slowly lifted her limp body to sit up and lean her back up against the wall nearest to her. Then she slowly started to remember what happened.

What the alpha said.

What her brother said.

Before Jackson was given the chance to comfort the brunette he cared so much about, he was suddenly met with a sharp pain in the back of his neck, causing him to topple to the ground in agony. Aspen was the first to rush over to him.

"Jackson?" she yelled as he grunted in pain. "Jackson what's going on?"

Then it stopped. It stopped just as quickly as it had begun.

"I'm fine. Like, seriously- I'm okay." he blatantly lied. Anyone with a pair of functioning eyes could see that that wasn't nothing.

"That didn't sound okay at all." Aspen argued, looking at him with a concerned expression.

"What's on the back of your neck?" Stiles spoke up, making Aspen's eyebrows pinch in a state of confusion as she too noticed markings on the skin of his neck.

"Yeah, what is tha-" Aspen said trying to touch the back of neck, when she was instantly interrupted and her hand was swatted away.

"I said I'm fine!" Jackson said, suddenly defensive.

"It's been there for days." the strawberry blonde told her. "He won't tell me what happened."

"As if you actually care." Jackson scoffed at Lydia.