[ 14 ] moral compass

moral compass

IT would be safe to say that after her texts with Scott in chemistry, Aspen's mood was lifted. The thought of the six-worded letter from her supposedly brother was completely wiped from her mind, at least for the rest of the school day. The rest of chemistry went by with Jackson's continuous and relentless flirting, only after the last text she received from Scott, she somewhat indulged.

That's not to say that she was straight up going after the guy who was dating Lydia Martin, but she indulged in it. The fluttery feeling that her stomach was very familiar with returned, knowing that there was a possibility that Stiles was watching her as she flirtatiously twirled her brunette locks around her dainty fingers.

"Hey! I think they found something!" Harley's voice belted through the classroom. In seconds, the entire class was gathered around the window, watching what appeared to be someone on a stretcher being taken away by an ambulance.

"That's not a rabbit..." Aspen heard Scott mutter from beside her. Stiles was on the other side of her, at a very close proximity.

"Okay. This is good, this is good! He got up, he's not dead. Dead guys can't do that." Stiles said quietly.

"Guys, I did that." Scott deadpanned.

"But dreams aren't memories, Scott." said the brunette in between the two boys.

"Then it wasn't a dream... Something happened last night, and I can't remember what."

...

Lunch. Aspen's favourite period of the day. Except today.

Scott and Stiles were panicking over the whole Derek situation, along with the ambulance commotion outside the school, while Aspen quite literally stared at her phone. Her screen was fixed on the conversation that happened between Scott and her in chemistry, and she unconsciously let her lips crawl into a smirk.

"What are you smirking at?" Stiles' voice broke her out of her trance.

"Nothing." she lied, switching her phone off, but from the corner of her eye she noticed Scott giving her a devilish grin. "What were you saying?" she added.

"Scott here thinks he should cancel on Allison tonight." Stiles replied.

"What?!" Aspen shrieked. "You are not cancelling on her, Scott. You either take her on this date tonight or I will." her threat earned weird looks from both of them.

"You got one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen in my life to not only learn your name, but actually want to date you. Ergo, you are not cancelling. We'll figure it out"

"Figure what out?" said the voice of Lydia Martin, earning a quick glare from the Carter girl. The strawberry blonde slammed her tray down right next to Scott, which was opposite Aspen. It was followed by Allison occupying the seat on the other side of Scott, and another guy who Aspen didn't know the name of sat on the other side of her.

"Just, uh... homework." Scott lied in response.

"Yeah..." Stiles added, following with a whisper of "why are they sitting with us?" to Aspen and Scott.

"Get up." said a demanding, masculine voice. Aspen snapped her head up to find none other than Jackson Whittemore giving the demand, to the boy sat next to her. Oh boy.

"How come you never ask Danny to get up?" said the boy.

"Because I don't stare at his girlfriend's coin slot." Danny answered, earning an uncontrolled chuckle from Aspen. The guy who Aspen didn't bother to learn the name of got up and left, leaving Jackson to replace him.