[ 23 ] hey there, stranger

HEY THERE, STRANGER

ASPEN continued to trail through the halls when a hand shot out from a classroom and grabbed her wrist, pulling her in.

"What are you doing here?" Stiles' voice spat, his hand still firmly on her wrist.

"What do you mean? Scott texted me and said it was urgent!" Aspen whisper-shouted back. The two boys stared at her with confused expressions.

The brunette took her phone out of her pocket and showed them the message she had received. When their expressions fell to concern as they stared at the screen, she deducted that it definitely was not Scott who had messaged her.

"You didn't send this, did you." she said, too which Scott shook his head.

"I'm getting you out of here." said Stiles almost protectively. He took a hold of her wrist once more and walked his way over to the door when he stopped in his tracks suddenly. Aspen's heart swooned at his display of protectiveness, but she also knew there wasn't much he could do.

"The alphas here, isn't he..." she whispered, watching Stiles' face as it fell even more. She took the silence from both of them as a yes. "Are we gonna die?" she added in complete and total seriousness.

"What? No, of course not!" Scott said, but the other two in the room did not seem convinced.

"It's Scott's boss." Stiles told the brunette and her eyes widened at the news. "Long story short, Derek kidnapped his ass, then he disappears, then that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek ten feet through the air."

"Wait is Derek-"

"Derek's dead." Stiles cut her off, "his boss brutally murdered him."

"Derek's not dead, he can't be dead." Scott countered.

"Blood spurted out of his mouth, okay? That doesn't exactly qualify as a minor injury. He's dead, and we're next."

From beside Stiles, Aspen began to shake. She was scared out of her damn mind. Stiles noticed and tried to comfort her by taking her hand in his. She was hesitant and looked up at him as she felt his hand slip into hers, but she let him. Because at the end of the day, no matter how much painful tension lurked between them, he was and always would be the one person that could make her feel safe no matter what.

"Okay, just... What do we do?" Scott spoke up. He didn't miss the exchange that happened between the two, but he didn't comment on it.

"We get to my Jeep. We get out of here. You seriously think about quitting your job." Stiles replied.

"The hood of your jeep is completely bent." Aspen said as if it was obvious knowledge.

"What?!" he shrieked, running over to the window with her hand still in his. He gazed out and saw his beloved blue jeep completely dented. "My jeep!" he cried.

Seconds later, the glass of the windows came crashing down, causing all three teenagers to duck down to the floor, Aspen and Stiles' hands being forced to let go.

"...That's my battery." Stiles gasped as all of their eyes landed on the bulky object that had been thrown through the windows.

"Don't." Scott warned when Stiles tried to get up.

"We have to move." Stiles stated.

"He could be right outside!" Scott countered.

"For God's sake, Scott, he is right outside!" Aspen hissed.

"Just let me take a look." Scott replied, slowly lifting his head to peer out of the window.

"Anything?" Stiles and Aspen both said in unison.