CHAPTER 2

T/W: Mental  Illness, Pills/Drugs

After spending hours binge-watching Kurulus Osman, Ayedah had finally fallen asleep when it was almost morning. She got up a short while from the couch to pray her fajr, then returned to her slumber upstairs on her bed. She felt that she had been asleep for only minutes when she heard a ringing at the doorbell, and groaned as she got up to answer it. "Coming," she called out as though the person ringing could hear her, and trudged downstairs, Stormy at her heels. "Who is it?" she called through the door, cursing the fact that her voice was very audibly groggy.

"It's me, Uykucu!"

Her eyes widened. "Ozge-?" she murmured and opened the door to see a very pretty girl standing with a big smile on her face, her freckled cheeks shining and her large brown eyes sparkling. Still stunned, Ayedah let her friend inside hurriedly, out of the blazing noon sun. "Do you still sleep in till like what, three?" she asked as Ayedah shut the door. "Your hair is a mess." Ayedah snorted, and said, "First of all, it's 11AM, and secondly, it's good to see you too." Ozge's face cracked in a smile, and she engulfed her friend in her arms. "I'm sorry I haven't been in ages, work's been keeping me away," she said apologetically. "It's alright, I understand- even though I don't really know what it feels like," sighed Ayedah. "Oh shut up, you were so busy when you were still in Oxford," said Ozge, narrowing her eyes at her friend. "You don't get to shame me for being busy!" Ayedah rolled her eyes, though she was smiling widely. "Alright, touché," she chuckled, and invited Ozge into the living room.

Ozge Torer had been Ayedah's friend since they were children. She was two years younger than Ayedah, but nevertheless they always got along very well. Whenever Ayedah's British parents would bring her to Istanbul from London- mostly during the Summer or Autumn Breaks- they would always stay with Ozge's family, as Ayedah's mother had been close friends with Ozge's when they were in university together. Ayedah had been very lonely as a child, being cast out from the other children in her school in London despite the fact that she always did very well. But Ozge had always been her friend, even though they were apart most of the time- as both of them lived in different countries. However, when they were old enough, they began to communicate through the Net or through telephone, constantly disrupting each other's sleep schedules due to the time difference. Their parents often had to drag one or the other away from the computer when they were talking.

When both Ayedah's parents passed away, one after another, Ozge's family had been very kind to her and helped her settle in with her aunt in Istanbul after she finished at Oxford. By that time, Ozge had already been chosen for her role as Bala Hatun and was training constantly for it, but would always be there for Ayedah when she needed support, and Ayedah appreciated it greatly. She hoped that one day she could repay her friend for all she had done for her- she started by giving Ozge as much support and encouragement as she could when it came to her acting, which had been Ozge's dream and passion since she was a little girl.

Ayedah made tea for the both of them, and tied up her hair into a messy bun before she sat down on the couch with Ozge. "So what suddenly brings you here without notice?" Ozge smiled softly at her friend. "Well, you didn't exactly call back when you disappeared on the phone suddenly." "I did text back," said Ayedah, offended. "I did tell you about the guy who bumped into me, nearly destroyed my nose and all." "True, but I would have liked you to call me back," smirked Ozge, finding humor in Ayedah's annoyance. "But you said you were busy." "Busy watching your show, Miss Torer," scoffed Ayedah. "And you know I always turn off my phone after dinner. Why do you think I slept in?" Ozge sipped her tea, her brow furrowed. "You were binge-watching?" she asked. "Yes, so I could catch up," said Ayedah.

"Where'd you get up to?" asked Ozge. "Episode Twenty- when Kongar becomes Goktug," said Ayedah. "He's become my favorite character...next to Bala, of course." Ozge grinned. "I'll make sure to tell Burak that," she said. Ayedah frowned. "Burak...?" "He plays Goktug," explained Ozge quickly. "Burak Celik. Not Ozcivit, of course- you've already met him, and you know he plays Osman." Ayedah had met Burak Ozcivit when Ozge had invited her to the premiere of the first episode that aired for Kurulus Osman. "Oh, so that's his name!" exclaimed Ayedah, nodding in understanding as she remembered Burak Celik's name on the TV Show's Intro. "That's confusing- two Burak's, eh?" "Well, on set we just call them Ozcivit and Celik," said Ozge, giggling slightly. "It's hilarious, especially when someone forgets, then calls out 'Burak!'. They both turn around and go 'Yes?' and we all start laughing and breaking character." The two girls laughed, and Ayedah commented, "It's like the name Chris in the Marvel Cinematic Universe." "Oh yes," chortled Ozge. "Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth and Chris...Pine?" "Pratt," corrected Ayedah. "Though Chris Pine might as well join already- half the actors in Hollywood have starred in Marvel Movies."