CHAPTER 9

^^^ This song could work for the ending of this chapter :)

T/W: Anxiety, Panic Attack

Ayedah spent another few exhausting yet enjoyable weeks preparing for the first episode of Season Two of Kurulus Osman. She had been up late at night writing and jotting down ideas and woke up early every morning to drive to Riva with Ozge. She continued to do so even when filming began and she had taken on more responsibilities of supervising the actors and making sure that they would be able to properly enact the scenes that she and the other writers had prepared for them.

And finally, after her, the writers and the actors' and actresses' hard work, Kurulus Osman Season Two Episode One was ready to put on air- it was to premiere on ATV Television at 8PM. Mehmet Bozdag had arranged a special dinner for the cast and crew to watch the episode together that night, and Ayedah and Ozge were getting ready. It was 2PM, and they were choosing new fashions to wear from Aunty Gab's boutique- Ozge's idea, especially when she saw that Ayedah was planning to merely go in one of her hoodies.

"Ugh, no this isn't it," grumbled Ozge, annoyed as she put away another dress. "These are all lovely- but no." Ayedah sighed as she watched her friend browse through the long racks of dresses, finding difficulty in choosing one. Gabriella had closed the store early, just for them to spend a few hours choosing an outfit. "Come on, Ozge, that blue one was pretty," she said tiredly, in hopes that Ozge would just settle for it. "No, Ayedah," growled Ozge. "It was too casual. This event is supposed to be somewhat formal- it is just a dinner whilst we watch the episode, but still I have to be presentable." Ayedah rolled her eyes, as Ozge took out another dress and said, "What about this one? It's quite nice."

"Too formal," said Ayedah, waving her hand dismissively at the mint-green dress in Ozge's hands. "How would you be able to breathe in that whilst enjoying a two-hour episode?" Aunty Gab shook her head at the two girls as they bickered about what to wear, and she smiled. "Here, my Ayedah wants to wear something too casual, and Ozge something too formal," she chuckled. Ozge put her hands on her hips and looked at Aunty Gab. "Gabriella Teyze, tell Miss Ayedah that she absolutely cannot go to the episode premiere wearing a freaking hoodie please." Aunty Gab's eyes widened as she shot Ayedah a look. "Ayedah Natalya Harraz, tell me that she is joking?" she demanded her niece. Ayedah shrunk on the beanbag she was sitting on, and said, "Maybe I was...but I swear, it was a nice hoodie, and I ironed it and all!"

Aunty Gab glared at her niece, and sighed. "Give me a moment," she said before disappearing into the back of the store, behind the cashier. Ayedah and Ozge sat in silence for a few minutes before Aunty Gab reappeared with two outfits- a white blouse made of satin-like material with a pair of wide-leg black pants for Ozge, and a thigh-length denim blouse with a pair of black jeans for Ayedah. "Perhaps these will do," said Aunty Gab, passing the outfits to the girls. "Not too fancy, not too formal, not too casual." Ayedah and Ozge took the clothes given to them and went to the dressing room to try them on- they were perfect. Comfortable, yet elegant enough for the event. Ayedah left the dressing room, sighed and went to her aunt.

"You always save the day, don't you?" she said, and her aunt smirked. "Of course I do, my dear Ayedah," said Gabriella as she looked up and down at her niece. "It's been a while since I've seen you dressed up- even if this isn't so formal." "Still better than a hoodie," chirped up Ozge as she left the dressing room in her outfit of the blouse and pants. "I swear to you I'm sure she was planning to wear one with the little Scarlet Witch symbol on it-" Ayedah rolled her eyes at her friend, but was impressed with how good the outfit looked on her. "You look lovely, Ozge," she said with a smile. Ozge smiled back, and replied with, "So do you."

They changed back into their original clothes and Gabriella put aside their outfits for the night into separate bags- the best part of it all, neither of them had to pay her. "I'd want to go out for lunch, but I want to save room for tonight," said Ozge. "Mehmet always caters his events with really good food." "Really?" asked Ayedah. "I've only tasted his tea." Ozge snorted a very unladylike laugh that she hurriedly covered with her palm. Unlike Ayedah, whenever Ozge laughed she would cover her mouth- Ayedah wouldn't, for she could never tell when she was really laughing or when she was faking it.