CHAPTER 40

A/N: TW// Blood, Depression

"What do you think?"

"Er... you look nice."

"Thank you!"

Ayedah had changed and was wearing a rather unusual get-together of clothing that she evidently found fashionable for that night- a multicoloured, pleated mesh tulle long skirt with a short blue blouse and a headscarf decorated in multicoloured butterflies. It was an odd outfit that especially Ayedah with her usual dark, one-colored style would not usually be seen wearing, but she seemed perfectly confident in it, so Burak did not really mind as she came out of the bathroom dressed in such a way. She apparently wanted to surprise him with it, and indeed she did.

"You didn't have to dress up, though, it isn't a formal dinner, Ayedah," chuckled Burak, though he was impressed by her sudden change of style- even if it did look a little peculiar, but he hadn't the heart to tell her that. "We're all just having dinner together after filming hours to celebrate the end of the season." "But I wanted to, besides, I look cool," said Ayedah eagerly, taking him by surprise as she slipped her hand into the crook of his arm. "And I think I'll stay over at your place tonight."

"Really?" asked Burak incredulously, his eyes widening. "But I thought that-" "Ah, leave that, it's okay," dismissed Ayedah, squeezing his arm enthusiastically. "Besides, I've missed you." "We've barely been apart since our nikkah, Ayedah," laughed Burak. "We spent almost every day together- how could you miss me-" "So you don't want me over?" she asked, pouting at him, before removing herself abruptly, snatching her hand back. "Fine-" "No, no, no, that's not what I meant!" exclaimed Burak, grabbing her hand and pulling her to him again, not wanting for them to separate. "I get what you mean, I do- I miss you too. Of course you can come and stay the night with me, I'd love that."

Ayedah smiled at his answer, threw her arms around his neck and kissed him, once again taking him by surprise; but he enthusiastically kissed back, wrapping his own arms tightly around her waist, deepening the kiss.

"Tovbe astaghfirullah-"

Burak and Ayedah broke apart immediately, Ayedah's arms still tight around his neck when they saw Yigit Ucan standing in front of them, looking down at the ground, and both of their faces went as red as his was, whilst Cagri Sensoy was laughing at him from a distance; but his face fell and immediately disappeared behind the trailers when he caught Burak's stern, questioning eye.

"Excuse me, I was er- looking for the bathroom," poor Yigit mumbled, looking thunderstruck. "Er...please carry on. Or not...I..."

Without another word, he pushed past them and disappeared into the restroom building.

"Pfft-"

Ayedah burst into a fit of laughter that Burak joined in, his forehead touching hers as they laughed together. "That was hilarious," he whispered as Ayedah chuckled. "It was," she said, before reconnecting their lips in another kiss- though Burak had to force himself to push away this time. "We've got to go, Ayedah," he said, still grinning from the humor of the moment. "We can continue this later..." "No, I want to kiss you now," she said, slamming her lips onto his again, kissing him passionately.

"Woah, Ayedah-"

Burak pulled away, looking down at her as she giggled up at him. "Are you alright?" he asked, chuckling nervously. "I love you," she said brightly. "I love you, so I want to kiss you." "Well, that's very sweet, but we got to go now," said Burak gently. "I promise, we'll continue this later- trust me, I want to too." He took one of her hands in his and pressed a quick kiss to its knuckles. "I promise," he repeated. "Come on now." "Okay," Ayedah sighed, dragging out the word a little in a somewhat childish, dramatic manner before she allowed Burak to guide her over to where the cast and crew were all gathered around.